so.. who are your favourite guitar players?

Originally posted by Lady Of The Snow
Marcel is, without a doubt, one heck of a good guitarist, Dennis ;)
I think, the folks should head over to suncaged.com and download proof, eh? ;)
Indeed ;)

My top 5:

- Steve Vai
- Joe Satriani
- Tim Christensen
- Marcel Coenen
- Joop Wolters

No one mentioned Greg Howe.I can applaud any guitarist or musician that is well rounded and continues to improve and show others their best.

Mattias Eiklund is a bizarre and talented guitarist as is Ron Thal.

I like Richie Kotzen's playing alot too.HE has always had chops but has improved alot in many ways .

Jason Becker
John Petrucci
Mikael Akerfieldt
Ola Frening/Peter Wichers
Mike romeo
Bumblefoot

...anyone else notice the Becker-ish whammy work on the solo to Accolade II at 6:25? looks like old Mike pulled Perpetual Burn out of the inspiration corner for this album :p

Originally posted by Qaatar
Where is Buckethead people?

I love Buckethead, I have Monsters and Robots coming in the mail right now. My favorites are Steve Vai, Michael Romeo (of course), Yngwie Malmsteen, Joe Satriani, Allan Holdsworth, Mark Briody, Uli Jon Roth, Adrian Vandenberg

My Fav guitarists....

In no particular order..

MJR
John Petrucci
Jason Becker
Paul Gilbert
Tony MaCalpine (Luv him)
Greg Howe
George Bellas
YJM (Although he's a bit cocky sometimes)
Joe Satriani
Steve Vai
Allan Holdsworth
etc.

Hello u sympho's =)

Well i like most of the guitarplayers above, like Romeo, Vai, Malmsteen etc, but there is just one guitarplayer that takes my breath away, that is Jason Becker.
I wish he never got the ALS illness. So we will never know how he would play the guitar today. And that's verry sad, u who know him understand why. If you can play the guitar that good on that age, i think i don't want to hear what he could do today, would be verry fustrating for most guitar players at the top now. In this case life sucks. But on the other hand great new mp3's on the site, cant wait to buy the album.

cya
Dennis , WASTELANDS

http://www.wastelands.nl
http://www.jasonbecker.com

Originally posted by Dennis Graafland
Hello u sympho's =)

Well i like most of the guitarplayers above, like Romeo, Vai, Malmsteen etc, but there is just one guitarplayer that takes my breath away, that is Jason Becker.
I wish he never got the ALS illness. So we will never know how he would play the guitar today. And that's verry sad, u who know him understand why. If you can play the guitar that good on that age, i think i don't want to hear what he could do today, would be verry fustrating for most guitar players at the top now. In this case life sucks. But on the other hand great new mp3's on the site, cant wait to buy the album.

cya
Dennis , WASTELANDS

http://www.wastelands.nl
http://www.jasonbecker.com

i couldn't have said it any better, I totally agree with you:hotjump: Becker was (well he still is) a prodigy, he could play with a guitarrist like Friedman and still outshine him. The Saddest thing about what happened to him is that his latest album hasn't sold very well even though the man put all his heart on the work having that kind of disease (if i'm not mistaken a part of the sales of the album is being donated to an ALS illness organization i can't remember very well)

I get real pissed off how all these pop stars with no musical talent or whatsoever (some of them don't even know a shit about music) sell so many records and a guy with this kind of talent is struggling to sell cd's even though that it's for a good cause.

Hello,
my list of favourite guitarists could go on forever as I am a guitar lover! But here are a few of them in a sort of very approximate order :
Steve Hackett
Brian May
Marty Friedman
Ritchie Blackmore
Jimmy Page
Vinnie Moore
Jason Becker (sad to know that Perspective is not selling better, I bought it many years ago after its initial release)
Tony MacAlpine
David Gilmour
Shawn Lane
Yngwie Malmsteen
Buck Dharma (aka Donald Roeser - BÖC)
Greg Howe
Eric Johnson
Brendt Allman & Gary Wehrkamp
Steve Morse
Michael Romeo
George Bellas
Mike Holmes (IQ)

Originally posted by DrumRman
How the f_ck, can you guys be side stepping ...

PAUL GILBERT!!!
Preach it brother!!! :D

1. Shawn Lane
2. SSV
3. Paul Gilbert
4. Michael Romeo
5. Satch

There's many more... Of course hehe

Alden

Let's see... Ritchie Blackmore, John Petrucci, Michael Romeo, Alexi Laiho, Jon Schaffer, Arjen A. Lucassen, Kai Hansen...

1-Vai
2-Petrucci
3-Satriani
4-Amott Brothers
5-Romeo
6-Becker

I used to be big into Yngwie, but shredding rows of 3 and 4 up and down a phyrigian or minor scale in EVERY SINGLE SONG gets boring after 10 or so albums.

EDITED to add Jason Becker. I had no idea about his illness, that's really upsetting. Air is one of my favorite guitar pieces of all time.