So... who got the new Rhapsody?

MrFast said:
Pluto will always be a planet in my heart.. *sniff*

And Han will always shoot first.
greedo.gif

OfSinsAndShred said:
I just now got that. Nice one. :loco:

Who got the new Rhapsody of Fire?

(Actually, fuck that - they're always going to be Rhapsody to me, no matter who they are on paper).
I always just replace Fire with some other rediculous word that starts with F.

Rhapsody of....

Fur
Freeze
Fuck
Fuckin' Awesome
Fuckin' Cheesy
Jew
Fhgwghads
Flaming
Freud
Flounder
Friends
you can go on and on.

Rhapsody of Fire is a stupid name. Especially knowing they were just plain Rhapsody before.

Their latest album would not have made a fan of me. It was 'Symphony of enchanted lands,' part I, that got me into them. 'Triumph or agony' has very little similarity, in terms of the spirit of their first few efforts.

But since I am a Rhapsody fan, I have patience for their newer stuff. Some parts of 'The mystic prophecy' are pretty wicked, listen to the 9th to the 12th minute or so.

The title track and number 3 are good, as well as 'Silent dream.'

But since I am a Rhapsody fan, I have patience for their newer stuff. Some parts of 'The mystic prophecy' are pretty wicked, listen to the 9th to the 12th minute or so.

The title track and number 3 are good, as well as 'Silent dream.'
Agreed. If I was just hearing them for the first time, I'd be bored to tears, but since I'm a big fan I've found some stuff I like about it. I really liked both bonus tracks, too.

But compared to every other Rhapsody album (where almost all the tracks blow me away), I'm still kinda... :Smug: Eh.

They changed their writing style to suit the live setting, that is why the album is like the way it is, expect more tours by them and also more albums like Triumph. The old Rhapsody is dead and with this new writing style, things are easier to play live and less of a headach on Luca.. who is obsessed with his solo projects anyway.

Um... Triumph is made to suit the live setting? Are you crazy? It's all orchestra and choir, and last time I checked, Rhapsody doesn't bring those with them on tour. Dawn of Victory's more of a live-playing kind of album - guitar riffs, and orchestrations that can be condensed to keyboard parts.

To be honest, after Dawn of Victory they started to repeat themselves, so haven't really been interested about their newer stuff. Also there's no Alessandro Lotta anymore, his playing and tone were great.

To be honest, after Dawn of Victory they started to repeat themselves, so haven't really been interested about their newer stuff. Also there's no Alessandro Lotta anymore, his playing and tone were great.
They did start to repeat themselves, but I liked what they were doing, so I never minded. :) I don't think it's absolutely necessary to revolutionize your band every album, but they did get pretty damn predictable. Power of the Dragonflame was pretty much Dawn of Victory except darker/faster/slightly more symphonic.

My favorite's still Symphony pt. 1. :kickass:

Anyone listened to Aurora Consurgens yet? I thought it was a HUGE dissappointment following Temple of Shadows. Any thoughts?