Got the new Rhapsody today...

Fabio's not the narrator... they had some other guy. But believe me - one dose of Christopher Lee's narration will have you BEGGING to hear the first guy. At least that's the effect they had on me.

Rhapsody are a very musically talented group with good vocal tracks and great guitar sound, but they have so much bullshit in their albums that I feel like I just got raped. Symphony X use fantasy themes, but don't fill their albums with nonsense. This may sound like I'm blaspheming, but I think that BG's "Nightfall in Middle-Earth" has so much meaningless babble and sound that there are only about six or seven real songs on it. This is fine, since that's about how many are on a real album and the songs are completely awesome, but I get tired of hearing shit like "Lammoth", which is a 30 second long track that features a 15 second scream and then random sounds of wind and explosions. What the Christ is that about?

Honestly, TotenMitMacht, Nightfall is a concept album based on J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Silmarillion", so they felt that those screams would enhance the album, the same way that the sounds of the Ocean do on "On the Breath of Posiden" by Sym X...It just so happens that there are more of them, but then I guess that Blind Guardian just wanted a more theater/operatic-style than Sym X...yeah, the sound effects and stuff just help give the story more "life". It is just something that some people dislike more than others...
I do agree with you about Rhapsody going WAY overboard on the fantasy storytelling, though...I still LOVE Rhapsody, but wish they could do without the whole minutes of Narration....

I understand, but the comparison to "On the Breath of Poseidon" is WAY off. That is part of a kickass song, not a song unto itself, and the song is one of the greatest symphonic arrangements I have ever heard. I know that NIME was a concept album, and I didn't need the narraration and interludes to tell me that. The most perfect example of a concept album is V because it sticks to the concept but is 100% music and 0% bullshit.

NIME is close to perfection, IMHO. And I like it more than V, as a matter of fact.

Lammoth? Ambience, man. Nothing else. Atmosphere.

About BG lyrics: Almost 90% of pre-IFTOS material is... "cheesy" (for me). Hansi improved A LOT on IFTOS, and on their last 2 albums, his lyrics have been incredible.

Abour Rhapsody: Nope, I don't like them.

...But they never claimed it was him in the first place. So it's not lying.

And I don't know where you guys are hearing minutes of agonizing narration. I have all their stuff but Rain of a Thousand Flames and I've only heard like 3 or 4 places where he says more than a few sentences. One of them is at the end of the Dragonflame album, which is kind of essential since it closes out the saga. The other few - that's what fast forward buttons are for. I've heard more annoying things on albums than narration - such as shitty songs.