So, who in Opeth smokes pot?

In one of the biography chapters on the Opeth site, Mike alluded to Lopez and Mendez "smoking" something, and it wasn't tobacco (and like, wasn't crack either - i guess what i'm saying is the Martins like their weed).

Haha I remember at the Auckland gig in 2006, me and my friend met some of the band members. My friend actually asked Mendez if he wanted to share a joint with us...He replied something semi-coherently about how was already really high or someting.

I've wondered this myself before. While watching Lamentations after eating some brownies, I wondered this myself before.

I can recognize a fellow fiend a mile away, and I promise you, Per burns de chronik! :Smokin:

Getting high makes Opeth sound fuckin amazing. So I would assume that they get high to make it amazing.

Swedes are anti-drug aren't they?

I wouldn't imagine so. Swedes are pro-rationalism and pro-freedom as far as I know. Most rational, free countries are pretty accepting of cannabis use.

EDIT: Damn, I'm totally wrong. I just looked it up and apparently their drug-Nazism rivals ours here in the good ole US of A.

pro-rationalism? It's "rational" legislators that make these arbitrary laws. Maybe if they were pro-empiricism (and this might require smoking a bowl) things would be different.

^So all legislators have to kill a guy before decreeing that murder's a bad thing? Come on. The legislators that have outlawed cannabis and attempt to eradicate its medical use are irrational.

People should be more discerning when throwing around philosophical terms, and more intuitive in detection of humor. ugh.
I quit the internets.

Haha I remember at the Auckland gig in 2006, me and my friend met some of the band members. My friend actually asked Mendez if he wanted to share a joint with us...He replied something semi-coherently about how was already really high or someting.

Hahahahahahaha! That's the funniest thing I've heard all week!