So Who Wants a Pre-Powerfest cookout?

metalprof

Ken Luther
Mar 11, 2005
Valparaiso, IN
faculty.valpo.edu
I posted a while ago about the possibility of a low-key cookout for early arrivals at my house in Valparaiso on the Thursday evening of Powerfest weekend. Seems like most people are arriving Friday, but I have had a few people express interest in the cookout. So, I'm asking for actual RSVPs so I can see if it's worth it or if I can maybe propose an alternate Thursday activity closer to the hotels.

If you would be interested in the cookout (I'm about 50-60 min east of the hotels), please let me know.

A possible alternate activity would be a trip into Crown Point, Indiana (about 30-40 minutes from the hotels) to listen to a great jazz/fusion/jam band Freek Johnson. Samples at http://myspace.com/freekjohnson . You can also let me know if you'd like or prefer that.

Of course, all of this gets trumped by anything "CRJ Productions" comes up with for Thursday night. (Cool name, it took me a minute to figure out what the hell CRJ meant!)

Reach me at metalprof-remove@verizon.net (remove the obvious part) or any other way you know how.

Ken

Ken,
Will there be jello wrestling at this cook-out????

Thanks for the offer, but with work on Friday, I must pass.
I am still trying to figure out if I will be hitting the fest on Friday or not.
I will be there Saturday for sure.

metalprof said:
I posted a while ago about the possibility of a low-key cookout for early arrivals at my house in Valparaiso on the Thursday evening of Powerfest weekend. Seems like most people are arriving Friday, but I have had a few people express interest in the cookout. So, I'm asking for actual RSVPs so I can see if it's worth it or if I can maybe propose an alternate Thursday activity closer to the hotels.

I'd be interested, in theory... the problem is the fact that your place is an hour east of where everyone's going to be... and after all the travel, I doubt if many people will be willing to travel another hour (especially those of us who are already driving 5.5 hours from Cleveland that day). I really think that something closer to the hotels/venue would be in order.

A possible alternate activity would be a trip into Crown Point, Indiana (about 30-40 minutes from the hotels) to listen to a great jazz/fusion/jam band Freek Johnson.

ehh, not for me. I tend to hate that sort of thing.

If I had to guess, I'd say that a good 50% or more of the CPF crowd will probably be hitting the titty bars... I'm hoping someone knows of something else to do, somewhere close by.

Of course, all of this gets trumped by anything "CRJ Productions" comes up with for Thursday night. (Cool name, it took me a minute to figure out what the hell CRJ meant!)

I was hoping for some sort of small pre-party at J.J. Kelley's, like last year. And, yeah, it took me a minute to get it too, but I did. ;)

This sounds like a blast, but I won't be able to make it. I have work on friday morning, and I'm almost two hours from your place with my new move Ken. I need to find new power metal fans to talk to haha, and this would be the perfect event! If you do have the party have fun and hope things go well.

Eh, looks like not enough interest. As I told someone else, now I'll just have to buy enough beer for 10 people but then drink it all myself. Sounds like Thursday PM at JJ Kelley's is in the works...

Ken

As much as I would lie to say yes Ken, I am not renting a car and I dont know that area for shit, so I guess I will have to pass, that is ncie of you to offer!

Bear