SOAD Destroy!!!!!!

aliasp

Old School since '86
Oct 26, 2003
Hey fellow Thraxians

caught SOAD in Melbourne (Australia that is) last night and they totally fucking destroyed. They are heavier live than they are on record.

If Anthrax were the innovators back in the mid 80s and early 90s then SOAD are the innovators for the 00s.

Awesome! :headbang:

P.S. Suport acts Rise Against and local boys, The Butterfly Effect were pretty cool as well.

*sigh* ....just made me with Anthrax would tour here soon again!

I saw SOAD in Prague back in 1998, they were supporting Slayer. No one knew and gave a fuck about SOAD back then. I liked their set and all of my friends thought they sucked! Now I laugh all the time when I hear THE SAME friends of mine talking about how much Toxicity kicks ass! :lol:

The only thing I don´t like about SOAD is that all the poser kids listen to them in here, yet they don´t have a clue about metal. Which is not the band´s fault, of course.

True True ... I was one of the few old school Metal heads there last night I reckon (even had my MMD Australiasian Tour Tee on) ... Head Banged the FUCK outta myself all night too ... was awesome.

The only upside to the posers is all those hottie girls that come in as well :D Some real fuckn nice gals there last night!

Seriously though I hate how SOAD get pushed into the Nu Metal group - FUCK That .. they are almost old school man - an enigma almost. They remind me of Faith No More meets Slayer with some sugar (pun included). Brutal!

aliasp said:
True True ... I was one of the few old school Metal heads there last night I reckon (even had my MMD Australiasian Tour Tee on) ... Head Banged the FUCK outta myself all night too ... was awesome.

The only upside to the posers is all those hottie girls that come in as well :D Some real fuckn nice gals there last night!

Seriously though I hate how SOAD get pushed into the Nu Metal group - FUCK That .. they are almost old school man - an enigma almost. They remind me of Faith No More meets Slayer with some sugar (pun included). Brutal!

Ive been a fan ever since i heard songs off their first album on 3hop on JJJ. One of the reasons i like them is because they dont sound Nu Metal but i sorta hate how they became this huge band that all the sheep got into when they released 'Chop Suey'. Im glad you guys are saying the new tunes are good..waiting to hear them!

Hopefully this new record will sound more like their s/t. Don't get me wrong, Toxicity was good, but there's something about their first album that I love. The first time I heard it, it was so different from anything out.

aliasp said:

funny you say that cause a friend of mine and i were talking about influences and how you can hear them with the right ears. and he was saying SOAD was a very origional band and he can't think of anything that sounds like them or at least sounded like them when they came out. So i put on some fool for a day king for a life time and it blew his mind. HE'd never realy heard FNM aside from the one they play on the radio.
Another band thats realy good is The Mars Volta they're a cross between led zeppeline and santana and a little loader and more progressive. They're big in the emo crowd but they're not emo. They're more psychadellic rock. check em out
-Jono-

aliasp said:

Yeah, exactly! There´s something veeery cool about the poser hotties!:loco: :hotjump: