Softube TLA-100A

FIXXXER

¯\(°_o)/¯
Feb 18, 2008
Germany
just tried the demo and i love it.
seems like this is a real "put it on and everything sounds better" plugin.
thinking to take the chance and use the intro offer.

it's a bit expensive, also i just bought a few softube plugins,
still this one seems to be absolutely worth the price.

anyone else tried it? what do you think?

cheers
S.

For some reason I'm not interested at all.

I don't use any of the Softube plug-ins I've bought. Despite the initial hype, I always find I have better replacements for just about everything they put out. Plus, the plugs tend to be really expensive and limited in their application.

surely, they are expensive and maybe hyped but i like how they look, "feel" and just the general working with them.
i'm a bit of a neurotic guy, i always try to sum things up, so using softube plugins only gives me a better feeling than having
5 plugins from 5 different companies. that'S why i actually never looked for other, "better replacements". very stupid, i know.

it also may be just stupid G.A.S again, i got the newsletter and i wanted to buy it.
at this point i didn't even know what it is actually...

It's $200 for the first month, not too bad. I don't use any softube plugs, but I'm relatively interested in this one. Getting very positive reviews so far.

Well if it is a La2a based compressor and it nails the analogue attack it is worth every penny. I haven't come acrossed any ITB plugin yet that can emulate the attack of the hardware.

Well if it is a La2a based compressor and it nails the analogue attack it is worth every penny. I haven't come acrossed any ITB plugin yet that can emulate the attack of the hardware.

I don't think the Summit is based on an La-2a is it? They both have tubes but that's about it. The LA-2A is optical, the summit is not, so they will definitely have different attack characteristics.

It looks like an LA-2A to a degree, but I don't think it's LA-2A based. It's a tube and solid-state hybrid design, I believe. And FWIW, a few people with the hardware are saying the plug is dead-on

the tla 100 is very different to the LA2a...we have one here at the studio and it hardly ever gets used (unlike the LA2a) It's got a very special thing though i have to admit. If i do use it, it is on Bass DI. It seems to add something to the high end while keeping the signal even. Im gonna try the plug in to see if it does that, but for $300 i think it's too expensive. (you could almost get 2 RNC for that!)