Software for mastering...

Shredfiend

Sep 2, 2004
What software do you guys use for mastering your projects.

I've got a project I recorded on my VS2480 that I'll need to master but I don't like the mastering/interface on the roland and think I should try something else.

Any suggestions?

I have the same problem. T-racks makes it sounds very digital. I bounce the songs to my harddisk then bring the stereo track to a new sessions and use the Renaissaince plug ings. Dont even know if its the right way. Iin the process of getting the platinum bundle so I can use Andy c4 preset

I guess I'm wondering about a seperate program just for mastering....not really a plug-in. I'll be mixing them on the VS2480 and then copy them to my computer for mastering them-just haven't got the results I want from the Roland VS for mastering and the interface for mastering doesn't seem that intuative.

Shredfiend said:
I guess I'm wondering about a seperate program just for mastering....not really a plug-in. I'll be mixing them on the VS2480 and then copy them to my computer for mastering them-just haven't got the results I want from the Roland VS for mastering and the interface for mastering doesn't seem that intuative.

Well if your on a Mac. Sound Studio is simple to use and has a cool 30 band EQ. Its about $50 American

I'd recommend getting Peak, since it supports VST and AU plugins, and is a great audio editor. I don't know of a good all-in-one mastering program (maybe there is, I just don't know anyone who uses one professionally.) I used to use T-Racks back in the day but I found it to be too harsh and weird sounding.

daemon097 said:
I've been using the T-Racks plugins....and it sounds good, and can get stuff loud....I just continually get some clipping that I'm not happy with...

I've had the same issues with T-Racks as you guys...
And it was really weird that the clipping occured on a somewhat quieter passage of the song. I liked the sound it produced so I lowered some of the gain pots on it to reduce clipping and I think it solved the problem. To hell with the chase for the loudest CD... :)

LynchpiN said:
I'm poor and stupid, so I'm working with Waves/Steinberg/Ozone in Sound Forge. :yuk:

If you're poor and stupid, there's no way you could've afforded any of the mentioned, so...don't complain. :D
And FYI Waves and Ozone are very respected plugins.