Soilwork - The Chainheart Machine (Mixing Files Inside)

Terminus

Apr 19, 2009
I'm not sure if the file export settings are correct so I included a Reaper project file with the tempos mapped in it. If the files do not import into your daw at the right spot, sorry. I had an issue where the bass was placed well back after the other files upon importing, which you'll need to move to the beginning and edit it's properties to playback at a rate of 1 (tempos are as follows- 200BPM up to the solo section then 175 then back to 200 once the main riff comes back around). Also there's a bit of space at the beginning before the song starts, I was going to recreate the intro at one point but declined to when I decided to post this. The files I included are as follows:

2 Drum MIDI files (TOONTRACK & ADDICTIVE DRUMS MAPPING ARE NOW BOTH INCLUDED- Sept. 2016 UPDATE)
Rhythm Guitars - single stereo 24 bit wav format file
REAL FUCKING Bass guitar - single mono 24 bit wav format file
Synths - MIDI file
NEW: Provided a EZDrummer preset "Soilwork_TCHM". Drop that into your User Presets folder if you want to try it out.

Enjoy! :wave:

DOWNLOAD:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/994726/Soilwork - The Chainheart Machine_Sept2016.zip

NEW UPDATED TEST MIX:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/994726/Soilwork - The Chainheart Machine.mp3

Last edited:
Yes, 200 bpm up until the solo section then 175bpm and back to 200 bpm when it comes to the last verse.

Whoops sorry. I'm at work but I'll look at it when I get home later and let you know the bpm.

Thanks and yeah, for guys with Reaper all you do is open the file and its ready to go. :)

Don't let me stop you. Shit, this cover has been sitting on my hard drive for three years now. I just cleaned the guitars up and zipped them up on dropbox on a whim. I JUST WANT TO HEAR UR MIXEZ. Got one half mix so far. You guys can surely do better than me.

Interesting what you did with the drums. :) I like the guitar tones. Heard some compression ducking later on near the end.

Yea i changed things up a tad haha

The guitars i just reamped thru pod farm...and as for that ducking, i noticed that when i listened back later and realized it. Not supposed to do that lol...i did this fairly quickly though!