Soilwork

Clarky

Youth Attack!
May 19, 2002
Melbourne
Hey, i was just wondering if any of you have heard the latest release by soilwork entitled "Natural Born Chaos"? What do you think of devin's work on the album? i personally think its totally awesome, its sounds fucking unreal, the production is A1, also i love devin's guest vocals on black star deciever. what do you all think?

as far as am concern , i appreciated much more the earlier
soilwork stuff (way more brutal) but the production of the last one is awesome , just for the prod of this album , it
does worth the listening. Devy got a real telent to produce
albums.

yeah i know what u mean
i was like WTF when i first heard it
i didnt like it
like i was much used to the more brutal side of soilwork
but after my drummer going, keep listening to it, it will come, im loving it, and its an album that cant get old for me :D

well, got old within one single week for me because they have only one verse and they play in in about every song (first staccato unisono, then the guitars go on playing staccato and the drums go on with a snarebeat in double-time-feel. in every single song except for maybe one of them...) and i recognized that i am always waiting for the refrain. this would be absolutely normal if there was much else that i would wait for but this album consists of a shitload of some of the best refrains ever (song of the damned, as we speak, no more angels) and some blablabla verses in between i'd love to skip...
as i said, i really LOVE the refrains, so i don't wanna too cruel, but there's one more thing that sucks hell:
song of the damned
never ends
so stop pretend
we are condemned where we stand

i just can't see the connection between those words except for the fact that there is a rhyme. blablabla, reim mit oder ich fress dich is (rhyme or i'll eat you) what we would say...
if there wouldn't be them refrains. they are fuckin great. strangestrange...

err, i am finished. close your books and enjoy your holiday :loco:

Originally posted by Clarky
Hey, i was just wondering if any of you have heard the latest release by soilwork entitled "Natural Born Chaos"? What do you think of devin's work on the album? i personally think its totally awesome, its sounds fucking unreal, the production is A1, also i love devin's guest vocals on black star deciever. what do you all think?

agreed!!!

Cool album. Does get old real quick tho..>> agreed too

and another post saying.. It gets old fast!

yeah, I did listen to it nonstop for a while there when it first came out, but it has been a while, maybe its time to listen to it again and see if its still old

I do think Devin's work on the album (all aspects of it) is amazing though!

I like it a lot. I like the rest a lot too. They could have sucked badly on this one with the further stylistic changes, but the songs are all varied and interesting, and Wichers still knows how to write really good riffs. Kind of dark yet warm too, I like that.

APP is still my fav. Soilwork ablum, but NBC definitely rocks.. I love Strid's lyrics. He puts a very nice personal charm on them, but still keeps them brutal.. look at songs like "As We Speak" and "The Flameout". You can tell the guy has a sharp intuition.

I dont think it gets old after a while... i still listen to if often and I enjoy it. it does sound much more "mainstream" though.
but wtf are the lyrics in "murcury shadows?"
WE KNOW HOW TO SPIT OR SWALLOW
:err: