Solens Rotter Drum Programming questions

I got all the albums. does that make me a "super awesum vintersorg collector"? No. I just happen to like his music :oops:

I go a bit further:D I own all the albums, but want the promos and digipack versions aswell:) I just may be this 'super awesum vintersorg collector' that you speak of. Still, the new album's been out since May and you still don't have it? For shame. FOR SHAME!!!:*

... :D

I go a bit further:D I own all the albums, but want the promos and digipack versions aswell:) I just may be this 'super awesum vintersorg collector' that you speak of. Still, the new album's been out since May and you still don't have it? For shame. FOR SHAME!!!:*

... :D

I still have that photo you sent me of all your Vintersorg related albums. I'm envious. Although I'm been more busy concentrating on buying Cornelius related music. ;3

Vintersorg isn't my favourite musician anymore.

I still don't even have it, I almost picked it up in the Metal Market in BOA, but I had JUST bought 10 new albums before I even found it and I had no more money left. I had checked the "V" section and it wasn't there, but instead it up on a shelf right infront of my fucking face. :(

Okay... I have a little advice for you. If you're sure that you will buy it, and with any luck you will, download it and keep that on your side to listen to 'til you get the album. You need to hear this, it's amazing!
It's hard for me to get the albums as well, so I just download them 'til I get the original album; I can't wait, I just have to listen to whatever is new from Mr. V.

:worship: Hehe. This little guy reminds me of Wayne and Garth.
Party on and good luck with finding the album!

Svarthjärtad;6486257 said:
Okay... I have a little advice for you. If you're sure that you will buy it, and with any luck you will, download it and keep that on your side to listen to 'til you get the album. You need to hear this, it's amazing!
It's hard for me to get the albums as well, so I just download them 'til I get the original album; I can't wait, I just have to listen to whatever is new from Mr. V.

:worship: Hehe. This little guy reminds me of Wayne and Garth.
Party on and good luck with finding the album!

I've had the album since it was leaked. I will purchase it when I get the chance to.

Trying to keep this thread on topic, I still would like my original questions answered by Mr. V when he has the time. I also want to add that its very cool of Mr. V to pay tribute to great minds like mary curie and giordano bruno in his songs.

With each listen I respect more and more what Mr. V has done on this album as far as the drum programming goes. At first I didn't know what to think about it, as I am not a big fan of programmed drums. So after replaying the album over and over again, I have come to the conclusion that these drums are incredibly fresh, convincing, and well done. So I have a few questions for Mr. V

How long did it take you to program each track separately? Seriously these drum tracks are quite complex, it must have been a challenge.

Where did you pull samples from(any particular software or units?)

Thats all really, and I want to add that when you compare the drums on this album to past "programmed" albums...the leap is quite vast. Really really good programming. :headbang:

On the album it's a mixture of several sound libraries actually, I've a license to some of the Toontrack produced stuff and also a license to Addicitve Drums.

mr V

On the album it's a mixture of several sound libraries actually, I've a license to some of the Toontrack produced stuff and also a license to Addicitve Drums.

mr V

oh i see. good to use different libraries i suppose. thanks!

mr V

Did u use anything without license then???

Trying to keep this thread on topic, I still would like my original questions answered by Mr. V when he has the time. I also want to add that its very cool of Mr. V to pay tribute to great minds like mary curie and giordano bruno in his songs.

Which song is dedicated to giordano bruno?

svältvinter;6511522 said:
I also enjoyed paying for the hard work behind SOLENS RÖTTER, very good album :p

Totally agree!!! At last I have all Vintersorg CD'S... now i'm going for Borknagar... just left 2 albums to have all the stuff, and the Waterclime's Astral Factor (here is Impossible to get it, was a huge challenge to get the Cronian's Terra)

Is there any special reason u started to program the drums again, or is it just.....fate????

svältvinter;6515402 said:
Is there any special reason u started to program the drums again, or is it just.....fate????

several reasons..our session guy was supposed to do the drums, but the time ran out and I had already done all these programmings for the pre-prod.

mr V

although i think the programming is pretty good,it is the one thing i have a problem with when listening to those records.Maybe it´s just because i´m a drummer myself but i cant help to think "wouldn´t this be even greater with a real drummer?"