SOLO ALBUM!!!!!!!! From a motherfuckin chris broderick fan

Chris Broderick&Jeff Loomis

New Metal Member
Mar 3, 2011
Chris you have inspired me incredibly with your vast knowledge of music and many skills in all of them your are my guitar hero and nothing would be more amazing to me and i know for a fact there are many others who would love a solo album from you ive been listening to a lot of classical, jazz, and of course METAL specifically Neo-Classical metal and ive been listening to Jeff Loomis' solo album many times and it blew me away and im pretty positive your way fucking better than him ive seen you will megadeth twice and would love to see you put your talents into a Mind blowing solo album

and ive been practicing my guitar for about five hours a day and would love it if you could give me some tips on practicing, developing skills (such as 8 finger tapping or sweeping) and i would also like to know what a tritone substitution is i saw it in one of your chaos theory videos and was curious but i have gotten much better at music theory inspired by you of course and i am really wanting to learn some more advanced music theory if you could help with that at all that would be great Thanks

-Caleb Greene

and ive been practicing my guitar for about five hours a day and would love it if you could give me some tips on practicing, developing skills (such as 8 finger tapping or sweeping) and i would also like to know what a tritone substitution is i saw it in one of your chaos theory videos and was curious but i have gotten much better at music theory inspired by you of course and i am really wanting to learn some more advanced music theory if you could help with that at all that would be great Thanks

-Caleb Greene

with all his touring and stuff with megadeth i doubt he has time to start up lessons again.

as for theory goes you probably should start with the basics learning how to build chords and progressions. check out www.ultimate-guitar.com they have a music tech section where you can ask questions about theory

i wasnt asking for lessons and i know alot of music theory im actually into advanced theory and i know what i tritone substitution is now i was just wanting a few tips on 8 finger tapping etc.

I know I'm not Chris (although I wish I were), but hopefully I can provide a couple of tips on 8 finger tapping for you.

First thing: Get your right hand in sync with your left. Practice scales with the right hand: start off with two-note intervals (half-step, whole-step, each pair of fingers, etc.), then move on to right hand pentatonics, then 3 note scales and so on. If you want to get faster, work with a metronome, as much as it might suck.

Then try adding more fingers in a linear fashion. Example: The simple "Eruption" tapping section - try adding in extra notes in the scale with the right hand. Moving horizontally across the strings with alternating fingers is another great idea, doing legato runs with the left hand and adding in tapped notes gets your right hand used to playing in a practical fashion.

Synchronizing the right and left hands is also really important, especially if you're into Chris' 8 finger tapped arpeggios. A great player for that is Bill Peck; his harmonized 8 finger runs are great practice, check him out if you haven't.

All it is is application and practice, but you probably know that considering you're into advanced theory.

Hope this helps.

thanks dude this actually helps a lot i figured it would take lots of practice and boring metronomic practice at that but thats what it takes but yeah this helps a lot its just frustrating because it feels like when you first picked up a guitar and its a struggle just to get the note out ya know what i mean

Oh yeah man, it's similar to learning to play all over again. Getting used to an entirely new technique is not easy, but you put in the work and the time and you can be as good as you want to be.