Solo/Lead guitar !!!!

Skyweaver

Shred or Die !
Jul 9, 2005
Australia
www.luthor.info
I had to share this....

I've been looking for a lead guitar (got a great rhythm guitar) for a long time now and spent a whole day here and there trying what the shops had.....i had a 1960 re-issue of Gibson in my eye, but some bastid bought it, so I kept looking over that last 4 months and finally I found something.

Guitars tried

Gibson Les Paul (Customs, Classics)
Fender USA ( Ritchie black more, through to mex strats, jag etc)
Jackson (4K guitars !! tried two of them)
Ibanez (will never own another Ibanez again)

Finally I tried a flying V Schecter - nice...very nice, then the guy hands me a Schecter BlackJack - FUCK ! I've got a CHUBB !!!! what a fuckn great fiddle !!!

Schecter BlackJack ATX C-1 FR Electric Guitar Features:

Arched Mahogany string-thru body
Set-In 25.5" 3-piece mahogany neck with Ultra Access
Ebony fingerboard with 'Active Bolt' Inlay at 12th
24 jumbo frets
USA Seymour Duncan active Blackouts humbuckers
Original Floyd Rose Tremolo
Grover Tuners
Black chrome hardware
Aged multi-ply binding

thanks for that, I don't think the rebate applies here in OZ, I'm just really blown away by how much better the Floyd Rose is compared to the tremolo on the Ibanez RG3120, the tone and sustain is so much better

I tired the blackjack with emgs and tried schecters with JB and '59, didn't stand up to the blackouts, loved it for solos - probably wouldn't use it for rhythm, prefer a T500 there

Oh man, I hated the Blackout bridge I had for leads (well, I hated it for rhythms too, but for leads it was even worse IMO, very grainy/nasty sounding to my ears :erk: )

Oh man, I hated the Blackout bridge I had for leads (well, I hated it for rhythms too, but for leads it was even worse IMO, very grainy/nasty sounding to my ears :erk: )

hmm i'm loving it and got exactly the opposite opinion - I'm wondering if my ears are gone lol - anyway, thanks for chipping in, I'll keep playing her