Schecter Solo series

Sloan

Sounds like shit!
Oct 22, 2006
Atlanta, GA
www.sloanstewart.com
Has anyone tried the Schecter Solo 6's?

I have an official boner for the Solo 6 blackjack ATX walnut stain.

71YxUWXKcxL._AA1500_.jpg

this shitguitarcenter nearby finally got some of the Schecter v's that came out like TWO FUCKING YEARS AGO, and i was in guitar center the most amount of time ever playing one of them, it was so fucking good.

They are 25.5" scale.

I really like the satin black atx, but it's almost too metal looking, which i try to avoid as i'm always doing some type of bar band thing where i need a more vintage look but i'm not a big fan of sunburst - this walnut nails it. fucking rad. i gotta start selling my blood/testicles to save up. damn.

Ah you're right, the Blackjack models are 25.5" - too bad about that crappy inlay :(. I feel you on the color choices... gloss black with gold hardware would rule in 25.5 scale, as would the lighter burst colors.

I always preferred that one inlay to either dots or all that bullshit they put on the hellraisers. I play a gibson goth lp studio right now and it took me a while to figure out that having a blank fretboard confused the shit out of bass players when they were trying to fake through a song. haha. but i like blank ebony, so whatever.

I tried out a Solo 6 a few weeks back and really liked it - I'm a sucker for Les Paul body styles and with the 25.5 inch scale it seems it would be a nice fit. I'm also looking forward to trying out one of the new Ibanez ARZ800 models they have for 2011. They are 24 fret with 25 inch scale length and come stock with EMG 81/60 pickups:

ARZ800TDB.gif

They also have a 7 string version, but unfortunately it's only in the lower price range version, the ARZ307, which comes with stock Ibanez pickups. Too bad really - if they offered the up-scale ARZ800 as an ARZ807, I might bite at a Les Paul bodied 7 string. I suppose I could buy the ARZ300 and upgrade all the hardware :)

ARZ307BK.gif