Solution .45

.. Chatted with them at the airport. They were talking with total strangers, just cool as can be. At one point we were in the security checkline together and they were super cool.

I had thoughts of telling the TSA agent that they all looked like they were walking funny and to order a cavity search ... but our lines split and we had to say goodbye. :)

Great guys ! Good set ! ... Did I say Great guys ?

I would usually head to the hallway as soon as a growlie band hits the stage, but I was determined to stick with them because their overall sound is so good on record.

They were great, but I find it so disappointing that so much of their sound is backing tracks. As such, I can't trust that they're really "doing it".

They were great, but I find it so disappointing that so much of their sound is backing tracks. As such, I can't trust that they're really "doing it".
That was the one reservation I had about their set...there were times with clean backing vocals where first two guitarists would sing it, then just one guitarist, and there wasn't really a discernible difference in the level or tone of the singing. It's entirely possible that the difference just wasn't coming through in the mix, but it caught my attention a few times.

I'm not trying to criticize too much, they still put on a good show, and it's not like they were the only band this weekend using backing tracks...I would imagine that if they play more shows, they'll become more comfortable and hopefully reduce the use of backing tracks.

Their Hypocrisy cover was great; it was *almost* as cool as Epica doing Crystal Mountain the first year they played.

But yeah, Solution killed it - their vocalist is uber talented and it was great to hear good harsh voice from two bands that day (if you missed either Solution 45 or MaYan, then you're doing it wrong). I would have also liked to have heard Lethean Tears, but for their first show ever - WOW.

(if you missed either Solution 45 or MaYan, then you're doing it wrong)

^This. Coming from a mostly Death/Thrash Metal background, it is bands like this (and Ihsahn last year) that will draw outsiders like me to the festival. I'm finding myself listening to more Prog/Power every day, and will keep attending until the run ends. Thanks Glenn!

Damn, this was the one band that made me want to go to progpower so badly.

its to bad I couldnt make it.

at least they kicked ass.

Absolutely fucking tore the house down. I had high expectations, but they managed to beat them out. I've seen Christian before playing with Scar Symmetry, and he was clearer on the clean vocals than on either of the previous times I saw him. I bet they won over a bunch of fence-sitters with that set.

I loved their performance so much! Here is a video I took, I just uploaded it. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope they put their custom fest tshirt up for sale online. I didn't realize they were only selling on Friday, and I regret that I missed my chance to buy one.