Some AA covers I've done over summer break

thadood

New Metal Member
Aug 15, 2005
Forgive the shit MIDI drums =)

Anyway, these were recorded over time, about a week in between. As you can tell, my mixing got a bit better as time progressed. I eventually added vocals towards the end. I'm no vocalist, so it's the best I can do!

Thousand Years of Oppression: Here
Beheading of a King: Here
Versus the World: Here
Death in Fire: Here
Fate of Norns: Here
Pursuit of Vikings: Here

Nail me with your critisism, good or bad.

those are cool man, i enjoyed listening to all of them :)
i thought i heard a few little tempo errors, especially in the VS the world one ;) yet good job on the solo but you should work a little more on the end of the Death in Fire solo.
also try to force yourself a little more for the vocals in the Fate of Norns refrain, but other than that you have respectable vocals (kind of monotonous but hell.. except in the "allfaatheeeer" part which you growled pretty well). and your guitar work for that song is great i find. (and its "he calls FOR me and you";. not "to" ;))
Pursuit of Vikings isnt as well done as Fate of Norns but its still cool.

that was a good karaoke for me, but personnally i prefer this one even if its not AA : http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/growl.html
:D

Thanks =)
That was my first actual attempt at vocals, let alone growling, period. And yeah, I know the solo is off, the original seems to be at odd timing to my ears, so it came out like that.

And yes, that growl karaoke is great. Funny, too, but the song is badass.

hahaha pretty cool man, i like the effort. But yeah like the above guy says should work on the vocals a bit but hey fucking well done for trying man. Would be cool if i could do some vocals on this shit, what did you record the tracks with??? I might put some vocals to them this weekend man and i will send it back to ya

Yeah, go ahead and try to add vocals if you'd like. I used Adobe Audition to record. Anything that's multitrack capable should work. If you need something cheap, try Audacity, it's free.

The guitar tone is the best I can do using a Bass V-Amp Pro, haha.

And of course I don't mind, I recorded them for fun, anyway!

The Grand Design said:
That first riff of Death In Fire actually hits each different note way more than once! Fuck! It sounds pretty hard!

Dude can you show me the tab for it?

B
F#
D
A 7799 7799 12121010 10 991010 7
E
B 0 |0 |0 |0 |0 |0

Play that twice open notes are not PM

B
F#
D 7799 7799 7 7799 7799 7 9" 10"
A
E 0 0 0 0 0 0 |5 5 5 5
B |3 3 3 3

Actually the tab got out of place when I posted, because it squeezes it together. So just use you ear to tell when to hit those open B and E notes

The Grand Design said:
Are you sure it goes 7799?? I must be playing it much too slow because it doesn't sound right. =(

Are you doing that like 7. 7. 9. 9? That isn't the way to play it. You know how to do triplets right? Well it's a fourth triplet. It all goes smooth together. down up down up or up down up down smoothly trem picking. It should flow. Don't pause it at the end though let it flow until you it the open B note again. Nothing in that riff is palm muted. Ok let it sound like if you just hit the 7th than the 9th fret right after each other.

Celtik Militia said:
those are cool man, i enjoyed listening to all of them :)
i thought i heard a few little tempo errors, especially in the VS the world one ;) yet good job on the solo but you should work a little more on the end of the Death in Fire solo.
also try to force yourself a little more for the vocals in the Fate of Norns refrain, but other than that you have respectable vocals (kind of monotonous but hell.. except in the "allfaatheeeer" part which you growled pretty well). and your guitar work for that song is great i find. (and its "he calls FOR me and you";. not "to" ;))
Pursuit of Vikings isnt as well done as Fate of Norns but its still cool.

that was a good karaoke for me, but personnally i prefer this one even if its not AA : http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/growl.html
:D

Yeah he's not using any of his abdomen muscles. hold it tight and just let it out. Also it sounds like you were not singing loud enough almost like whisper growls. Maybe your shy and don't want anyone in your home to hear you lol.