Some album demos (Axefx/S2/BKP) - First post! Groove metal content

keshav

New Metal Member
Dec 27, 2010
New Delhi, IN
www.soundclick.com
Hey guys!

I'm new here although I've been browsing the forums for a while now. Thought I'd get your opinions on a couple of demos from my upcoming album which comes out in June. I'm not the best producer/engineer around, so go a bit easy on me haha, but do let me know what you think of my tones and mix etc, and how I can improve.

http://soundcloud.com/skyharbor7/dots
http://soundcloud.com/skyharbor7/order-66

I know most of you guys aren't really into this kind of metal, but figured I'd get your opinions anyway, especially sonics wise :)

Thanks in advance :) Looking forward to posting here more.

Keshav

Great sound! Really like dots' intro!
No doubt you were going for a djent ish sound, I can hear that clear enough :)

Thanks :) These songs are really old actually. The more recent material is more mature for sure and has less Bulb worship on it :p I was trying to move away from the typical djent sound mix wise, at least with the drums, but still have some way to go. Glad you dig though!

Otherwise known as Hydrodjent! Love the songs man, keep it up. Also - are these new recordings and/or mixes? (Listening via laptop speakers atm, they're a piece of shit so I cant really tell).

I spin them at least once a day on my iPod. Keep it up man.

Damn, really good!! really digging the drums ! mind sharing your guitar setup? and drums?

How the hell you get the drum sound really tight! =O *rolling on the floor curious to know

Otherwise known as Hydrodjent! Love the songs man, keep it up. Also - are these new recordings and/or mixes? (Listening via laptop speakers atm, they're a piece of shit so I cant really tell).

I spin them at least once a day on my iPod. Keep it up man.

Haha sweet!! Thanks man :) Yeah they've been completely retracked and remixed (the older versions were done with a pod and it wasn't quite doing it for me). I'm putting out a full length in June - will be sure to let you know when its out :)

Damn, really good!! really digging the drums ! mind sharing your guitar setup? and drums?

How the hell you get the drum sound really tight! =O *rolling on the floor curious to know

Thanks dude! Guitar setup is really simple, just the Axe FX direct into my Focusrite Saffire Pro14 interface. The patch has 2 amps, the 5150 and Fas Modern models going into the stock German 4x12 cab. The bass adds a lot to the guitar sound as well though - that was also tracked with the Axe using the SV Bass model.

Drums are all Superior 2, to be honest drum mixing has taken a few years off my life haha.. It's the stock Avatar kit with the Nir Z custom snare. The room mics are really where S2 shines, they make all the difference for me. That's about it I guess... all i really did was EQ and compress. Anything specific you had in mind?

Thanks again guys :) It's awesome that you guys like it, as I know this forum in general has very high standards when it comes to production!

One of the better sounding mixes in this thread. I think you've sold me on Superior Drums 2!!! Gonna asked my singer to help pitch in for SD2