Some Asian Metal...

Joshua

New Metal Member
Jan 19, 2005
Thought I would say hi....long time reader, first time posting....first the obligatory nod to Andy Sneap who has been a great inspiration.
I love it that you can actually talk to engineers or read about the work they do...the joys of the internet i guess...added that guys like Andy Sneap,Neil Kernon, James Murphy plus all the other guys here are so friendly and not too mention real helpful....

Anyways, to represent, here's a sample montage of all the bands on a compilation CD that I recently had a chance to work on, kind of my first official release as an engineer...the CD is actually going out with the next Rudra album which I also had the chance to work on....

Any feedback based on what you hear would be greatly appreciated.

Right Click, Save Target As:

The Arcane Art of Defiance

Track Listing

1)Hazargaddah - From the Shadows
2)Meltgsnow - Death Takes My Soul
3)Narasimha - Armour of Valour
4)Suicide Solution - Shock Hammer Kill Spill
5)Rough Cast - Rejection of The Lost Soul
6)Deathsynth - Divine Retribution
7)Metalgunz - Leatherface Man
8)Angel of Sin - Wrath

Genius Gone Insane said:
Dude the singer on the second song is great!

Anyway, most everything sounded decent save for much of the vocal tracks which seemed to stand out a little bit to me. What kind of mics did you use for vox?

The dude on the second song is Dani from the band Meltgsnow....a real cool band....good drinking buddies too....

For the vox, I only had access to a AKG C414 and a Rode NTV.....

Joshua said:
Thought I would say hi....long time reader, first time posting....first the obligatory nod to Andy Sneap who has been a great inspiration.
I love it that you can actually talk to engineers or read about the work they do...the joys of the internet i guess...added that guys like Andy Sneap,Neil Kernon, James Murphy plus all the other guys here are so friendly and not too mention real helpful....

Anyways, to represent, here's a sample montage of all the bands on a compilation CD that I recently had a chance to work on, kind of my first official release as an engineer...the CD is actually going out with the next Rudra album which I also had the chance to work on....

Any feedback based on what you hear would be greatly appreciated.

Right Click, Save Target As:

The Arcane Art of Defiance

Track Listing

1)Hazargaddah - From the Shadows
2)Meltgsnow - Death Takes My Soul
3)Narasimha - Armour of Valour
4)Suicide Solution - Shock Hammer Kill Spill
5)Rough Cast - Rejection of The Lost Soul
6)Deathsynth - Divine Retribution
7)Metalgunz - Leatherface Man
8)Angel of Sin - Wrath
What equipment? :)

Well the guitars were tracked with a Peavy Triple XXX and a Marshall JCM 2000, depeding on the band through a 4 X 10 cabinet with the usual placement of the trustworthy SM57...

The bass, again depending on the band, we used a Marshall B150 bass amp, sometimes a Bass POD Pro.

The drums were recorded with Sennheisser E600 series mics, the usual D112, some Rode mics and a couple of AKGs...

As for outboard gear...my prized possesions would be my Focusrite Red 1 Quad and my Joe MeekVC1Q plus some other more mundane stuff...

Oh and yes...we used Nuendo for this project.... :)

Razorjack said:
Glad to know I'm not the only one getting good tones out of a 4x10!!

Getting a good tone is nerve wrecking...getting one for each band drives me up the wall :loco: :D

Am thinking of getting a new cabinet though...a 4 X 12....

Nitronium Blood said:
Nuendo 3? Or?

Nuendo 2....which works fine...was reading the Nuendo forums...seems like Nuendo 3 while has some benefits is still laden with bugs...bugs in areas of CPU processing etc etc....