Some cool quotes I read in a CD sleeve:

metal17

May 21, 2002
North Bethesda, Maryland
"Quick downloading will allow our nonbiological creations to share immediately what they learn with billions of other machines. Ultimately, nonbiological entities will master not only the sum total of their own knowledge but all of ours as well." Kurzwell

"When does a machine begin to feel?" Gary Lockwood

"Machines are the produce of the minds of man." William Cobbett 1816

"A system of machinery almost organic has been devised...it far exceeds human powers...little more remains for the man to do than to watch this unconscious agent in its operations." Robert Hook 1835

"Dust thou art and unto dust thou shall return."

"Logical thinking cannot yield us any knowledge of the empirical world: all knowledge of reality starts from experience and ends in it. Propositions arrived at by purely logical means are completely empty of reality." Albert Einstein

"I can' tell you how I will do it. But I can tell you I will do it." George Stephenson 1830

"I never came upon any of my discoveries through the process of rational thinking." Albert Einstein

"Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we often might win by fearing to attempt." Shakespare

"There is no duplicate of you in the whole wide world. There never has been. There never will be." Lou Austin

"To find yourself. Think for yourself." Socrates

"Great spirits have always encountered violent oppositions from mediocre minds."

"At bottom every man knows well enough that he is a unique human being, only once on this earth; and by no extraordinary chance will such a marvelously picturesque piece of diversity in unity as he is, ever be put together a second time." Nietzche

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." Albert Einstein

"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mystery." Albert Einstein

"The intelligence of machines will exceed that of humans within several decades, machines will exhibit the full range of human intellect, emotions and skills, ranging from musical and other creative aptitudes to physcial movement. They will claim to have feelings and unlike todays virtual personalities, will be very convincing when they tell us so. By 2029 the software for intelligence will have been laregly mastered and the average personal computer will be equivalent to 1000 brains." Kurzwell

I believe that is from Blaze - Tenth Dimension, right?

His solo albums are better than the albums he did with Maiden.

"civilisation is what distinguishes us from animals. laughter is what distinguishes us from goths". from lights of euphoria's booklet for krieg gegen die maschinen, quoted from ronan harris, the singer in vnv nation.