Some drumagog questions

ThomasT

Sep 1, 2004
Erfurt, Germany
www.krachwerk.de
Hallo!

I have some questions about drumagog.

1. Are there any metal compatible samples (basssdrum, snare) out there?
The basic sample library is not so good.
What about Purrrfect drums?
Are they worth 200$?

2. How can I reduce the dynamic in drumagog?
It seems it only has a switch "dynamic tracking". On/off.
Have I to route the drums through an compressor before?
Or is there a trick to allow a little dynamic but reduce it.

I don't know about drumagog, but I can tell you I've been approached by another plug in manufacturer to beta test and endorse a new pro tools triggering plug in, can't tell you anything more at this stage but we'll be beta testing in the next week or so.

UUUhhhhps. Sorry for that. I didn't realized that. Didn't see that: "You have one message". :loco: So I answer right here.
Yeah, VO (Founder and mastermind of Poltergeist and GurD) and me produced 'Encounter' in our studio. Main vox is VO, me the backings. It was recordet on a 24trach MCI JH24 and mixdown on a (no kidding) MX8000 Behringer. ( Don't hit me for that) :tickled: :tickled:
Mastering on Wavelab 4.

About Sommerbreeze, yeah that was a fucking funny gig. Only half an hour 2 o'clock in the afternoon but after that totaly sunburned. :tickled: We are also on the Sommerbreeze DVD2002.
I missed Grasspop coz I had a gig at the same time.

Frank'nfurter said:
Yeah, VO (Founder and mastermind of Poltergeist and GurD) and me produced 'Encounter' in our studio.
I think, tho the mp3 sounds very bad (due to the mp3 compression I mean !), that the guitar sound is huge. Any info on how they were recorded ? The overall sound is really very good, congratulations on this !

Frank'nfurter said:
About Summerbreeze, yeah that was a fucking funny gig. Only half an hour 2 o'clock in the afternoon but after that totaly sunburned. :tickled: We are also on the Sommerbreeze DVD2002.
It was my first metal festival, and I really really enjoyed it, fantastic bands playing (I'm still shocked by Samael's show), a great "brothership" between the people here, a very good spirit, I mean, I could feel a real fraternity, and we don't have that here in the south of France... =( But I must say that Graspop this year (my second metal festival) was even better !!! Lot of fantastic memories...

Frank'nfurter said:
I missed Grasspop coz I had a gig at the same time.
Wooops, too bad ;)

Hi Brett
Brett - K A L I S I A said:
I think, tho the mp3 sounds very bad (due to the mp3 compression I mean !), that the guitar sound is huge. Any info on how they were recorded ? The overall sound is really very good, congratulations on this !

Yeah, mp3 compression sucks. :yell: About the guitars: Played 4 times, 2 L/R, 2 half L/R, C-tuning, LesPaul Custom-> Boss Overdive (the old SD1)-> JCM800-> old Marshall Cab.-> SM58 off center speaker 1,5inch distance-> Tape. No compessors in guitar channels!
But VO and me think now, we had something do better with the overall mix, 'cos our todays productions for other bands sounds very much better now. In 2 months we'll starting recording our next GURD-CD. :Spin: :Spin: :Spin:

This time we'll use the Tapemachine only for recording drums, bass and guitars. After that-> each track into the DAW, then record the vocals and solos direct in DAW. Then mastering over TC-Finalizer Plus.

Frank'nfurter said:
What's happend with this server here? Yesterday and today problems over problems to connect to this site. :yell: :yell: :yell:

I was talking to one of site admin about it at the pub the other week (it keeps happening) and he said that the site outgrows it's servers every year or so and they're due an update. I'll check up with him to see if they're sorting it.

ThomasT said:
2. How can I reduce the dynamic in drumagog?
It seems it only has a switch "dynamic tracking". On/off.
Have I to route the drums through an compressor before?
Or is there a trick to allow a little dynamic but reduce it.

That setting can be found from Advanced tab.