Some fresh, new, creative & modern music - suggestions?

Felix Neumann

Sep 14, 2008
Germany
www.youtube.com
Hey mates...

I find the new Dream Theater soooo boring :( (except 1,2 exceptions) I can't stand those cheesy harmonies anymore. The only music I listen to without being bored these days is Haken. But I cannot listen to Haken everyday, so...maybe you can give me some cool new Music input? I´m open for electronic stuff, as well.

Greetings :kickass:

Felix

Now I have to check out Haken... thanks for mentioning them!

Well, since you didn't specify genres and didn't forbid shameless self-plugs, here comes one: :devil:
My modern symphonic dark metal band "Aeons Confer" just released its debut album "Symphonies of Saturnus" yesterday - a concept album clocking in at 78:28 minutes with extensive orchestration and electronic soundscapes, featuring a classical singer on female backing vocals and yours truly on fretless bass.

I'd definitely describe the music as new and modern - whether it's also fresh and creative, you be the judge. Feel free to check out our website, video and release trailer:
Aeons Confer Website

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah! That's good :) Thanks for posting, mates. Diggin that stuff, Mr Horseman! "Shameless self plug-ins" are absolutely not unwanted here. I know what's going on here creativity wise.

I even like that Haim thing, it sounds really cool. I wouldn't show it to aliens representative for the world heritage of mankind though. I'd show em THIS band here probably...

Fucking HAKEN:

http://youtu.be/eZTkBdIlAaU

This is the best band I´ve listen to since...I don't know. All 3 Albums they've released yet are 10/10 imo :kickass: Not production wise unfortunately. There are better mixes around obviously.

I have here the last Haken album to hear, so it must be today.

For prog metal check this:

More metal stuff:

Post rock/metal:

Eletronic shit:

I like metal but nowadays most of the time I am hearing electronic music, I just open a site where it´s always playing trance music online.

last time something wow-ed me when I heared it the first time was this song

I even like that Haim thing, it sounds really cool. I wouldn't show it to aliens representative for the world heritage of mankind though.

It's silly but groovy, IMO, with that 80's vibe. I just found them out a, week ago?, maybe. I love it and have been playing it on a loop. It's just fun music. A step far away from the stuff I'm used to. Simple music and pop I can actually take in.

Take it for what it is. Do we always have to listen to challenging music?

There is something nostalgic about it, regardless IMO.

Oh It's absolutely not bad in my opinion, dude. It's all about the vibe and that is cool. It's the interaction of music and video what makes it interesting for me, it's supporting each other very well. The voice of the girl is nice, but not really outstanding imo. In the end it's a matter of personal taste. ALL elements in a song call to mind different memories for different people. So I´d say, there isn't something like objectivity in general.

@Mago, this band DORJE is fucking AWESOME! Thanks for posting :) Will get the copy of the ep actually.