I need some new stuff in my player - any suggestions?

Those are all included in my favorite bands list. Except evergrey, and I seem to be the minority here but the only album I actually like is "Torn".
Anyway, some bands to check out... scar symmetry, pain of salvation, fates warning (2 last albums), pagan's mind, shadow gallery (I only like "room V" which is amazing), Paradise lost...

These come to mind right now...I may be forgetting some important ones.

Thank you very much, Keregioz! I´ll check this bands out.

P.S I hope I can give you some news about our Machines & Madness song soon..(You know how it is with those prominents haha) I wish, I could finish this song as soon as possible.

hahahaha

Yeah I just never got what the big deal was with Evergrey ... they bore me as bad as Pain of Salvation (sorry Kimon)

Maybe check out the Virgin Steele cd "House of Atreus Act I"

Thats a badass disc ... everything from double bass driven, epic power metal stuff to progressive piano dominated and orchestral stuff ... plus fantastic guitar work and one of my favorite singers

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9J1dznb1VWY&feature=PlayList&p=DA83B2801C96C56F&playnext_from=PL&playnext=1&index=14[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:
Haha Carlos, let me say..after listening to the VS tunes, I´d totally prefer the stuff of your band I played the solo for. Serioulsy! Virgin Steele seems not really my cup of tea, it sounds very old fashioned for me. I would certainly think different, if I´d have been grew up with back in the ol´days :)

@drew drummer I´ll check this out, of course.

Yeah I just never got what the big deal was with Evergrey ... they bore me as bad as Pain of Salvation (sorry Kimon)

Haha, that's ok ;). I really don't know why but there are several bands that I really like one of their albums and really hate all the rest. I already mentioned evergrey and shadow gallery, virgin steele is another one...the marriage of heaven and hell pt.1 had some really cool songs but I can't stand to listen anything else by them. Crimson glory and their second album "transcendence" (masterpiece) is another example.

Btw, Felix, I forgot to mention queensryche...I assume you're already familiar with them but I thought I should mention them just in case....

Haha Carlos, let me say..after listening to the VS tunes, I´d totally prefer the stuff of your band I played the solo for. Serioulsy! Virgin Steele seems not really my cup of tea, it sounds very old fashioned for me. I would certainly think different, if I´d have been grew up with back in the ol´days :)

@drew drummer I´ll check this out, of course.

No worries here bro ... its not like I'm in VS

However .... DANKE for your compliment about my music. As a quick OT comment, we finished the last of the vocals last week, the last guitar solo will be tracked sunday, and I should be hearing word on the finished keyboard solo for the other tune any day now ... that being the case, I should be ready to begin mixing in a few weeks and the tune you played that FUCKING AWESOME solo on will be the 1st I post :headbang:

Back on topic .... how about the new Sonata Arctica cd? They've REALLY gotten progressive and quite dark compared to their 1st couple cds. Its called "The Days of Greys" or something like that. Kinda like Nightwish but more interesting

Haha, that's ok ;) virgin steele is another one...the marriage of heaven and hell pt.1 had some really cool songs but I can't stand to listen anything else by them. Crimson glory and their second album "transcendence" (masterpiece) is another example.

See now thats a little surprising cause I would have guessed with you liking "Marriage... Part 1" that you would almost certainly like "Marriage Part 2" ... my opinion there are an equal amount of great songs on each ... and a couple of shitty ones but good thing about VS is you almost always get like 80 minutes of music on each cd ... or maybe thats a bad thing too? :lol:

I agree with you about CG "Transcendence" although I have to say I really liked "Astronomica" as well ... looking forward to a new one from them cause their new singer sounds almost exactly like Midnight ... and yes, thats what I want ;)

MUST HAVES

Pain of Salvation: Perfect Element

Circus Maximus: any album

Blackfield: Blackfield II

Extol: Synergy

King's X: Dogman

Some good recommendations here. Pagans mind (middle two albums), Scar Symmetry, Circus Maximus and Communic are my +1's.

Also try Serenity. I actually linked them in my Facebook earlier today:
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shhZ42ZfMQk&NR=1[/ame]

Angra
Check the album "Holy Land". Power Metal from Brazil. They´ve changed the vocalist after the first three albums and now they suck.

Magnitude 9
Check the album "Reality In Focus". I´m not sure if the band still exists because I´m not into this type of music anymore. To me it sounds just like Symphony-X.

Last edited by a moderator: