Some good news

Hanso

Apr 24, 2001
Geelong
Visit site
From blabbermouth.....

DREAM THEATER are currently in the middle of their "Chaos In Motion" world tour which has already traveled extensively throughout Europe and North America in support of their latest Roadrunner Records CD "Systematic Chaos". The world tour will continue throughout 2008 hitting Asia, Australia and South America before concluding with Progressive Nation returning to North America in April/May 2008.

Yeah they are touring with Opeth, 3 and Betewwn the Buried and Me in the US next year.
That would be a great show.
I got Between the Buried and Me's latest album Colors last week and it's pretty solid.
Kinda a mix between the brutality of heavy Opeth, the beauty of quiet Opeth, the technicality of Dream Theater and the craziness of Devin Townsend....

We keep hearing little teasers of an Aussie tour but still no dates or even an announcement.

So, Between the Buried and Me are good then? Could you pick a song to reccommend to virgin ears?

Depends if you like the growling death vocals I guess?
Hmm... It's pretty fuckin hard to reccommend because I can't remember any parts to any of their songs!
haha. Nah, I can... but you kinda need to listen to the songs about 10 times before you start hearing all the melodies and shit... There is just so much shit going on in every song.

But if I had to reccommend some... I'd go with Sun of Nothing, Ants of the Sky, White Walls or Prequel to the Sequel. But the songs on the album all flow together... It's an album album... not really a song album.

I'm wondering if I should go see Velvet Revolver. It would be cool to see Slash live - it's just a shame about the band's singer.

They were pretty good when I saw them last year or whenever it was. Ticket prices are fucking expensive this time round though.

Yeah I really enjoyed them last time. You should go Spiffo. I only really went to see Slash, but was really impressed by the show.

DT wouldn't tour with Maiden. Mike has said a few times if they ever got out to Australia it'd be doing Evening With... shows. Which will be 3 hours of Dream Theater :headbang: