Dream Theater Tour.....

grogg

Sep 9, 2007
South Carolina
Never had a chance to see them but this should be an awesome lineup.....hope they hit the southeast....

Progressive Nation 2008 - Press Release

DREAM THEATER'S "PROGRESSIVE NATION" featuring OPETH, 3 and
BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME to embark on inaugural tour of
North America throughout April & May 2008.

New York progressive metal pioneers DREAM THEATER are set to
unveil their maiden voyage of "PROGRESSIVE NATION". A package
tour they will headline that will also feature the talents of
OPETH, 3 and BETWEEN THE BURIED AND ME.

DREAM THEATER are currently in the middle of their "Chaos In
Motion" World Tour which has already traveled extensively
throughout Europe and North America in support of their latest
Roadrunner Records CD "Systematic Chaos". The World Tour will
continue throughout 2008 hitting Asia, Australia and South
America before concluding with PROGRESSIVE NATION returning
to North America in April/May 2008.

Portnoy hopes that this first venture of PROGRESSIVE NATION will
prove to be a success that can enable himself and DREAM THEATER
to continue the package into future years and begin a tradition
that musicians and fans alike can count on for quality
musicianship and artistic integrity on future tours.

For more information as well as tour dates to be announced soon, visit:

http://www.dreamthe ater.net/
http://www.myspace. com/dreamtheater
http://www.roadrunn errecords. com/

i hope they stop by atlanta. this area always gets shafted for the "evening with DT" tours.

Here's hoping.

Unfortunately, the better venues in town (Roxy, Tabernacle) are owned by Clear Channel/LiveNation, and I'm just not certain they're willing to pay what the tour will be asking.
The first time DT finally played at the Tabernacle (instead of the Masquerade), they had to take a cut in their guarantee to play there. It was worth it, and they enjoyed not playing the Masquerade, but it makes me less sure of the tour.

Here's hoping.

Unfortunately, the better venues in town (Roxy, Tabernacle) are owned by Clear Channel/LiveNation, and I'm just not certain they're willing to pay what the tour will be asking.
The first time DT finally played at the Tabernacle (instead of the Masquerade), they had to take a cut in their guarantee to play there. It was worth it, and they enjoyed not playing the Masquerade, but it makes me less sure of the tour.

Yeah pellaz i saw DT and Joe Satriani,& Kings x at the Tabernacle in 2002 i believe and on gigantour with Megadeth at the arena at gwinnett, i was hoping this year or 2008 they would come back atleast to the tabernacle so i'm not holding my breath on that one as much as i like Dream Theater i wish they were easier to see, i have a friend up north who has saw them 3 times this year! if they played the masquerade i won't go. lets hope for a tour though at a decent place..:headbang:

Here's hoping.

True, but with the rising popularity of Opeth and BTBAM, I wouldn't be surprised to see LiveNation cave in to the guarantee. The Tabernacle would probably sell out for this show.

i would like to see dream theater but not with those bands...

opeth has a few songs i can get into

but between the buried is one of those bands i have no fucking clue why anyone likes.

i would like to see dream theater but not with those bands...

opeth has a few songs i can get into

but between the buried is one of those bands i have no fucking clue why anyone likes.
I have yet to get into Opeth, but BTBAM rock! I saw them open for DragonForce and used to have their Alaska CD.:headbang:

Last time I saw DT here was at the Tab and the OPENED for Joe Satriani, which I still can't fathom! King's X opened the show and did very well.

l saw that show also...if l'm not mistaken they were doing the alternating headlining thing on that tour...like DT did with Queensryche a year or so later. Satch is a huge influence for Petrucci.

KX did rock that night...very tight band. PP worthy.

l saw that show also...if l'm not mistaken they were doing the alternating headlining thing on that tour...like DT did with Queensryche a year or so later. Satch is a huge influence for Petrucci.

KX did rock that night...very tight band. PP worthy.

They must have been because DT closed the show I was at for that tour. Seeing Satch and JP jam at the end was awesome too :headbang:

Should be a very good show. I did not see Dream Theater on their past tour or two so I am looking forward to this. I would like to check out Opeth as I have never seen them but as far as the other two bands go.. eh I'd rather Pagan's Mind and Circus Maximus be in these spots.