Some Kind of Monster ...

Also, what about all that shit with James going hunting for bears in Russia!!!! They wait for the bears to re-appear from hibernation, shoot them, and leave the carcass on the ground. They can't eat any of it because the bear hasn't defecated in three months so the blood is full of toxins. What kind of sport is that, shooting bears waking up from a 3 month slumber? Dirty rednecks.

LOL ... that was before him entering therapy. Surely now he prays for the souls of those dead bears ;)

Da Bears ... Da Bulls

I listened to some "jam" session by Metallica tonight, some concert in Mexico. Oh my fuck did it blow complete ass. Any defense I gave to Newstead's playing (after years of saying YOU SUCK!) I take back. Blah. Then Hammet comes in toward the end of Dazed and Confused and plays some bullshit fast fuck wah pedal poopfest. Double blah.

Trujillo is a fucking god, has been for years. Steve Miller them shitz dude, take the money and run. Fuck Metallica. Amen.

SEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEND MEEEEEE YOOOOUUUUURR MOOONAAAAAAYYYYY...

Oh c'mon, using ya'lls logic, Trujillo is no better, he didn't enter the band with the hopes of improving the situation/band. He's a money whore, just like everyone else involved with Metallica Incorporated.

Newsted>>>>>>>>>Trujillo (both playing and songwriting wise)

Anyone who questions my authority :loco: needs to go back and throw on Doomsday for the Deceiver (one of the greatest speed/thrash albums of all time).

Jason never did that much writing for Metallica, but I still liked him better than Trujillo. That agressive energy that he brought with him to stage can't be fucking replaced!

The legacy of Metallica will always be with me. I heard Ride the Lightning back in the mid-80's, and couldn't believe my ears when listening to "Fade to Black". I must have listened to that song in particular a million times.

I do miss Cliff Burton as well. I'll NEVER get rid of my Cliff 'em All VHS, heh. Some of that bootleg footage is cool.

Today though, Metallica is like a train wreck soap opera! It's pretty funny to see how these people grew up. They're only 5 years older than me, and $5 billion richer.

Last night I think I realized I don't even care about their old shit anymore. God damn man, that fucking jam session sucked ass. I need to find out when it was recorded so I can go back in time and make it never happen. Ugh Metallica is a stiff fucking band. That's fine for thrash. Should've kept playing it, things would've been alright. But no, you had to go and be a rock band with 1/4189498u419819814908th the soul of a fucking Saltine. Bah.

I'm over it dude.

If you only think about them with their first four albums, and STILL don't want anything to do with that music, then yeah, all hope is lost.... :lol:

One Inch Man said:
Last night I think I realized I don't even care about their old shit anymore.

I realized this years ago. I will always hold a very healthy respect for those first 4 albums since they undeniably had a lot to do with where I am today in my music listening. But i can't see myself listening to them ever again. I'm just tired of this band and their music and their never-ending soap opera parody.

Welcome to the club. :Spin:

When I can still listen to Peace Sells and think "Yes! This ROCKS!!! YES!!!" (and I do, last time was just a few weeks ago and that's exactly what went through my mind), but I can't even remember last time I listened to Fade to Black, fuck'em.

Saltines dude.

J. said:
Welcome to the club. :Spin:
Do we have special t-shirts?

mesuckshirt.jpg

If I listened to "Orion", "Blackened", "Four Horsemen", or "Creeping Death" RIGHT NOW I would be doing this -> :kickass:

Good music for me never fades, ever. It's inherently impossible since the music data is static and therfore resonates in the exact same sound waves for eternity. Unless you have a warped vinyl or mangled cassette tape maybe.

Still to this day, I could live with 10 albums and be done with it. No problemo. Everything else is gravy.

JayKeeley said:
Still to this day, I could live with 10 albums and be done with it. No problemo. Everything else is gravy.
Definitely. Note that no Metallica album has EVER been close to my top 10. :dopey:

One Inch Man said:
Definitely. Note that no Metallica album has EVER been close to my top 10. :dopey:

If you asked me in 1986 what my top 10 was, it would look nothing like it does today -- obviously. That is why "top 10 metal lists of all time" are not even close to accurate, unless you've been listening to metal for 3 years.

I guess I have to accept the fact that I've been listening to metal for 20 years and so I have to aggregate the best albums overall. I cannot dimiss Metallica for what they were in the 80's. Yes, my top 10 list in 1986 would have included MoP and RtL -- EASY!

JayKeeley said:

Yep. In fact, I'm trying to get rid of some of that gravy. Too fattening.

Since I owned about 8 albums in 1986 my top 10 would've looked funny then. :loco:

My top 10 has not changed much since about 1995, probably half the albums I'd give a 10/10 to were released by then anyhow (I think last count was 22 albums). Add in some new Tool and George Harrison I hadn't previously heard, that's about it. Hmm, maybe we need a new top 10 thread.