Some Laney GH100S (GH100TI) clips

LSD-Studio

HCAF crusher
Jul 2, 2006
Germany
www.lsd-tonstudio.de
I'm still not in love with this amp cause the tones it provides are just not 100% my taste, but they might be useful here and there (in a sludgier context for example).

so here are again some raw clips for you:

this is a rather dark and really gainy clip (gain on 6....that's plenty on the TI !)

I haven't tweaked it really long, would be possible to get better tones.

Laney Dark

here's one with less gain (gain on 4...still plenty ;) ) and more mids:

Laney 2

(sorry for the sloppy playing..I made those riffs up as I recorded and the entire process (incl micing and tweakinf took only 15 mins)

On my gh100l it realy comes alive when i crank the master its not to good sounding at low to medium volume levels and its also the loudest amp iv ever heard it fucking stupidly loud its not to good as the main rythem for modern metal tones but does have its uses for some overdubs/leads and would be cool for stonner rock sludge stuff.

Can you share your eq amp settings?

On my gh100l it realy comes alive when i crank the master its not to good sounding at low to medium volume levels and its also the loudest amp iv ever heard it fucking stupidly loud its not to good as the main rythem for modern metal tones but does have its uses for some overdubs/leads and would be cool for stonner rock sludge stuff.

Can you share your eq amp settings?

yeah, that's what I'm using it for

Settings:
high input
all buttons in

Pres: 7.2
bass: 5.7
Mid: 3.4 (2 on the darker clip)
Treb: 5.1
Master: 2.9
Gain: 4.2 (6 on the darker clip)

TS7:
drive: 9:00
Tone: 10:00
lvl: 12:00

5881 or 6L6?

u should try also to mix some take without the TS, go easy on the presence and crank the fucker above 3 (0 to 10) to make it blast.

also put a NS2 in the loop (serious!), because the Boss buffer gives it a really nice boost through the series FX loop. This is on the Preamp Line Out/Power Amp Line In.

PM if you want a diagram with the NS2 "X" connection. You can have the amp on full blast, gains maxed and the amp won't even make the smallest hiss...

LG

5881 or 6L6?

u should try also to mix some take without the TS, go easy on the presence and crank the fucker above 3 (0 to 10) to make it blast.

also put a NS2 in the loop (serious!), because the Boss buffer gives it a really nice boost through the series FX loop. This is on the Preamp Line Out/Power Amp Line In.

PM if you want a diagram with the NS2 "X" connection. You can have the amp on full blast, gains maxed and the amp won't even make the smallest hiss...

LG

EL34 ;)

Awesome! I love the dark tone. This is pretty close to the tone I'm seeking even though I like even more sludgy/dirty tone. Now I know which amp to get !
BTW which mic and cab you used? Does anyone know will I get the same tone from the 50w GH? That's less expensive than TI