Some of the covers I did for Opeth

Nice job dude, but I think your guitar sound on Hope Leaves is a little too muddy, sounds almost le midi stuff. A bit more brightness wouldn't hurt.

As far as covers go, those were very very well done. The vocals too...especially on hope leaves...thats not a song anyone could nail vocally. Dont worry about people nitpicking on here, theyre just jealous. ;)

I just heard "Hope Leaves"... you really nailed the vocals on that one, it's one that's quite difficult to do and stay on-key.

Thank you all for the kind words and yes Hope Leaves was a midi.

Just uploaded another song, in my time of need.

Apprentice's Master said:
Your guitar skills are quite good. How many year you've been playing? And what's your age?

Have been playing for about 7 years, didn't really remember how i got started though haha. Actually I'm a drummer myself and I would love to do the drums part in these mellow covers, but I don't have a drumset at home. I would also love to cover opeth's harsher songs but I know I don't growl properly, so I covered their mellow stuff instead.

As someone who has been playing guitar for 9 years almost and who critiques people as nit picky as I can....I must commend you.
Very clean, good compostion....great sound!
You must tell me that acoustic.
The vocals sound a little off, but maybe its just the lack of drums that make it sound odd?
I love the arpeggiating.
It seems way mellow and less dramatic than the original...but then again, covers always include the persons personality within them....and you definitely had that come through.
Keep rockin dude....

patterns in the ivy ii... something sounds odd starting at 36 seconds in... the timing between the guitars. perhaps if you sped up the echo, it would sound a bit better... make the echoes a bit less apparent too. the harmony to the last line in this song is missing! noooo! sweet track though - you pulled it off nicely.

hopeleaves - vocals are a tad too distant at the start, but very nicely done. very nicely programmed as well.

great playing, nice voice too.

:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: DUDE.........FECK ...........OMG....that was feckin AWEosme..........MAN ...as we speak Im .dling all ure songs....Loved ure Vocals adn teh gutiars were beautifull as well...man.........U got some pipes on u DUDER......SWEETT....awesome....Im lovion it man...ure music just made my day.....I was havina stomach ache.........It seems to have serisouly goen away coz of ure music man.awesome FEckin Covers Dude/./......feck yeah..........I loved it...........ure voice i sso awesome....I specially loved "in my time of need" adn "Hoe leaves",............Keep feckin Rockin......PEAC EOUT

waz416 said:
:OMG: :OMG: :OMG: DUDE.........FECK ...........OMG....that was feckin AWEosme..........MAN ...as we speak Im .dling all ure songs....Loved ure Vocals adn teh gutiars were beautifull as well...man.........U got some pipes on u DUDER......SWEETT....awesome....Im lovion it man...ure music just made my day.....I was havina stomach ache.........It seems to have serisouly goen away coz of ure music man.awesome FEckin Covers Dude/./......feck yeah..........I loved it...........ure voice i sso awesome....I specially loved "in my time of need" adn "Hoe leaves",............Keep feckin Rockin......PEAC EOUT

Your posts always make me laugh dude. How the hell can you type like that?

FEcking awesome. :heh: