Some of the covers I did for Opeth

hey windowpane, what did you use to record these songs? you've got a great sound and i'm thinking about recording stuff soon.

bondcfh007 said:
hey windowpane, what did you use to record these songs? you've got a great sound and i'm thinking about recording stuff soon.

I'm using cooledit pro and acid pro to record these songs. Cooledit is user-friendly I think ~

These covers are amazing, very good job on In My Time Of Need! Hope Leaves is also a cool mellow song!

I also record music, but don't get that high quality sound like you get on In My Time Of Need. Your clean guitar sounds amazing, what soundboard do you use?

Dead Eternity said:
These covers are amazing, very good job on In My Time Of Need! Hope Leaves is also a cool mellow song!

I also record music, but don't get that high quality sound like you get on In My Time Of Need. Your clean guitar sounds amazing, what soundboard do you use?

Thanks ~ but I still got rooms to improve

I played around with the effects provided by the program (cooledit that is). It has a graphic equalizer option for us to adjust the bass and treble and I used that to balance the sound. The program also has the noise reduction function where I could reduce the noise during the recording. Finally I added a bit of reverb so the whole thing wouldn't sound dry. And I'm using an average soundboard which was called riptide something ... something.