Some of you asked for the black metal project's name. Here:

Erkan

mr-walker.bandcamp
Jun 16, 2008
Uppsala, Sweden
mr-walker.bandcamp.com
Remember that black metal guy I worked with a long time ago? A few months ago I finished all work with him and his projects and now he has made a MySpace and I remember some of you being interested in the clips I had posted back then. Here is his MySpace for anyone who likes black metal. Most of the songs there are produced by me but that doesn't mean I'm proud or anything. Quite the contrary actually :D Anyway, I'm glad I got through it all without losing my mind.

http://www.myspace.com/svartrit

Enjoy!

I read an interview they had on myspace. I quote:

"We will never perform a live show since I think by playing live you spread joy with your tunes to other individuals and that's something I don't want to support."

:lol:

I read an interview they had on myspace. I quote:

"We will never perform a live show since I think by playing live you spread joy with your tunes to other individuals and that's something I don't want to support."

:lol:

Haha yes this is actually correct, that's what he kept telling me too while recording. He talked about his beliefs and his thoughts about music and so on. Yet another reason for me to be happy I'm finished working on his stuff :)

Oh my god those pictures (in the "band members" section of the main page) :lol::lol::lol: Production is awesome though dude (well, not crazy about the snare, but at least it's not too prominent), excellently done, and I'm honestly quite digging the music :D

EDIT: In fact, damn, as I continue to listen to this, this is about perfect for the style, flawless balance of atmosphere and clarity; really fantastic job on the mix man! :headbang:

Almost word-for-word from a Darkthrone interview I read several years ago, now that I think about it. Strange way for a band to feel, if you ask me.

Oh my god those pictures (in the "band members" section of the main page) :lol::lol::lol: Production is awesome though dude (well, not crazy about the snare, but at least it's not too prominent), excellently done, and I'm honestly quite digging the music :D

EDIT: In fact, damn, as I continue to listen to this, this is about perfect for the style, flawless balance of atmosphere and clarity; really fantastic job on the mix man! :headbang:

Wow, thank you so much Marcus! It means a lot to hear that especially considering that this is not something I listen to personally so I wasn't sure if all my mix decisions would "fit" the whole black metal thing but I'm glad it works. Thank you :)

Mediocre music, but really solid mix! Congrats, Erkan!

That guy's statements make him look like a blueprint wannabe-gatekeeper hypocrite though. These people piss me off...

When Darkthrone stopped playing live it was simply because Fenriz "doesn't believe" in live shows, which means nothing more than the fact that he doesn't enjoy live shows. It's just so fucking ridiculous how some acts turn this around and implement it in some pseudo-elitist attitude that features ZERO rigour/conclusiveness, yet is constantly regurgitated by their minions. :puke:

[/rant]