Some Questions About Tubes And Pickups

Tommy Gun - interesting, I heared, that JJ has quiet good preamp 12AX7, and great power amp tubes, and if not only one man speaking about the good power amp tubes, think they are really great.
What do you think or know about Tungsol 12AX7? I heared many good things about it - is sound smoother and with higher gain at the same time.

I actually haven't tried the JJ preamp tubes yet, or the Tungsol either. I'm sure I'll give them a run at some point, but usually I like Sovtek preamp tubes. Fell in love with them when I had them in my Triple XXX. Sovtek are getting harder for me to find though. So, like I said, I might try the Tungsol's or JJ's real soon. Then again, I'd like to see what Ruby has to offer as well.

I shall be re-tubing my 5150 with JJs this week. I will surely post before and after comparisons.

Tommy Gun - I read many interesting things about Ruby both 12AX7A and 6L6GC tubes and can say, that it is cool if the most part of info about them is true :)

Many peaple write, that Ruby 12AX7A is much better, than standart 12AX7's in 5150 amps, they makes that amp much more superior and pristine sounding amp, with higher and smoother gain stages.

Like I said man, Ruby's haven't let me down yet. Everytime I've put Ruby power tubes in an amp, it's been like the amp was brought back from the dead. I can only imagine that their preamps tubes offer similar results.

Thanks again :) Well, I'll try JJEL34 and Bare Knuckle Nailbombs), just final question I have : Is any difference between 7-string guitar and 6-string guitar with 7-strings on it in sound? Guitars with the same wood and pickups (I know, that on 6string I'll have lost first string,I ask that, because I love the seven string sound, but at the same time love 6 string playability)

Dude, you should try out some baritone models! I had a Schecter Blackjack Baritone and it fuckin rocked! Nowadays I have a Hellraiser and C-1 Elite, in which I changed the bridge pickup (the stock sucked balls) to a BKP Warpig. And let me tell you... Bare Knuckle Pickups is the way to go! The Warpig is absolutely SICK!

Hi , sorry for a long time without posting . :)
My conclusion is that,

1 - the good tubes to go with is JJ 6L6 and Ruby 6L6 and 12AX7A.
2 - If i want 7 string on 6 string it is possible, but with loss of depth, that 7 string can produce.
3 - If I go passive, it Bare Knuckles Nailbombs, Warpigs and DiMarzio Drop Sonics are the best for me.
4 - If active, it is better if I go emg707 and not emg 81-7 for 7 string
5 - If i love compressed sound, it is better to go passive with compressor/sustainer pedal and not with emg81, because as I understood, I can't turn off the compression of emg81, if I want.
6 - I heard much amps thees days, and can say, that the tone I was seaking for is Engl Fireball, I loved it over the powerball, and advance is Engl Blackmore and Peavey 6505. Blackmore is very creamy for me and 6505 is too muscular and aggressive, and Fireball has my favourite low end punch and sertaing buzz on attack and it sounds darker, I think it is the darkest amp, that I ever heard.
7 - Finally I'm going to buy something from BCRich Custom or just something in their high end models with DiMarzio Dsonic or Bare Knuckle + Engl Fireball, that will be loaded with Ruby or JJ's :)

Hi , sorry for a long time without posting . :)
My conclusion is that,

1 - the good tubes to go with is JJ 6L6 and Ruby 6L6 and 12AX7A.
3 - If I go passive, it Bare Knuckles Nailbombs, Warpigs and DiMarzio Drop Sonics are the best for me.
5 - If i love compressed sound, it is better to go passive with compressor/sustainer pedal and not with emg81, because as I understood, I can't turn off the compression of emg81, if I want.
6 - I heard much amps thees days, and can say, that the tone I was seaking for is Engl Fireball, I loved it over the powerball, and advance is Engl Blackmore and Peavey 6505. Blackmore is very creamy for me and 6505 is too muscular and aggressive, and Fireball has my favourite low end punch and sertaing buzz on attack and it sounds darker, I think it is the darkest amp, that I ever heard.

Agreed

2 - If i want 7 string on 6 string it is possible, but with loss of depth, that 7 string can produce.
4 - If active, it is better if I go emg707 and not emg 81-7 for 7 string
7 - Finally I'm going to buy something from BCRich Custom or just something in their high end models with DiMarzio Dsonic or Bare Knuckle + Engl Fireball, that will be loaded with Ruby or JJ's :)

Disagreed - 7 strings don't sound any different than 6 strings, it's simply a matter of whether you prefer an extra string, and sometimes they have a longer neck (which doesn't sound too different, just makes the strings a little tighter). And it depends what guitar your using, for a bright guitar (mahogany body/maple neck/ebony fretboard), 707 is probably better, but for a darker guitar (mahogany body, mahogany neck, rosewood fretboard), 81-7 is probably better - try both, it's easy to switch. And BC Rich's really kinda suck, cuz their necks are SO short, and the quality isn't that great either. Go ESP/(mahogany) Ibanez/Schecter (though I don't like them, they are good guitars :) )