Some questions to the ultra-fans

storken

Arketypen.
Jul 24, 2002
Fagersta, Sweden
Visit site
Since there are some really huge ultra-fans here, I figured I might get some answers from you.
Here's some questions..

•On some versions of the "Damage Done" album, there is said to be a bonus song called "The Poison Well". Since it wasn't on my version, I tried to find it on the net. But I didn't. Is there someone who knows where I can download it, hear it, etc?

•There are also said that the Iron Maiden cover "22 Acacia Avenue" is spotted as a bonus track on "Damage Done". But is that really true?

•I downloaded 2 songs, claimed to be made by Dark Tranquillity, wich I doubt they are. The first song is called "Frozen" and the last one "The Last of Centuries". If anyone else heard theese songs and know anything about them, please tell me.

- Poison Well: it's on the Japanese version. I know there is someone on the board that is getting some of these from a friend traveling to Japan or vicinities, but I can't remember the name.

- 22 Acacia Avenue. Nope. Not on DD. On some tribute, possibly. There's also a Metallica song covered by DT on a tribute, but again I can't remember the name.

- Last of Centuries: no DT. Frozen: possibly a cover.

I'm not an authority on such matters as you see. That's all I know.

hyena

1. the poison well is a bonus track on the japanese release of damage done.

2. the rumor is false. dark tranquillity's cover of 22 acacia avenue can be found on a compilation called "a tribute to the beast" and released last year. however, that cover is quite old and as far as i know easily found on the net.

3. neither is actually by dark tranquillity. the first one is more popular, but i can't recall the name of the band who recorded it.

rahvin.

Originally posted by rahvin
3. neither is actually by dark tranquillity. the first one is more popular, but i can't recall the name of the band who recorded it.
It was said many threads ago that the song's name was Frozen Divide by a band called The Year Of Your Lord, but then i have no way of being sure about this, i'm just an irrelevant-infos-keeper.

Qsilver: According to my Skydancer booklet Stefan Lindgren does the "additional male vocals" on Shadow Duet.

:D :) Allow me to express my joy through excessive use of happy smilies, I think I passed the exam I just had. :loco: :dopey:

I guess there's a need for a Doctor here.

Stanne did do the clean vocals on Skydancer - this has been cleared before. Exactly what vocals Stefan Lindgren did on Shadow Duet is still unclear, but I daresay that he participated on the end of Solitude... sanctity... sanctuary... sanctum... TRANQUILLITY -part, where there are clearly many voices overlapping each other (and I still claim the highest of 'em must be a female, or our friend Stefan must be castrated...).

Oh, and sorry for the delay in replying - I have just been so damn busy.

-Villain

i'm not sure the highest belongs to a woman... although it's true that it's very high-pitched, it sounds to me a lot like the voice of a man doing it on purpose, a bit like ac/dc singer. ;)

rahvin.

Yup, I agree with the doctor (pretty easy way to ensure you're right ;) ). The "one shadow of..." part sounds like Stanne, but once the "solitude, sanctity..." part begins there's obviously another guy singing.
The final scream sounds like something out of Joacim Cans' mouth btw.
Speaking of high-pitched screams, the album I'm NP has some pretty good ones on display...

I think the high-pitched thing is by a male too, the same one who says the solitude, sanctity etc part..
I dearly hope it's not Stanne :ill:
This part is sometimes reason enough for me to regret (instantly ;)) playing Shadow Duet :err:

2. the rumor is false. dark tranquillity's cover of 22 acacia avenue can be found on a compilation called "a tribute to the beast" and released last year. however, that cover is quite old and as far as i know easily found on the net.[/B]

It can also be found on the excellent Made In Tribute sampler:

1. ARCH ENEMY - Aces High
2. DECAMERON - 2 Minutes To Midnight
3. THERION - Children Of The Damned
4. ARMAGEDDON - Die With Your Boots On
5. NOCTURNAL RITES - Wasted Years
6. SADIST - Wrathchild
7. LORD BELIAL - The Trooper
8. NAGLFAR - The Evil That Men Do
9. DARK TRANQUILITY - 22, Acacia Avenue
10. IN FLAMES - Murders In The Rue Morgue

It's a Japan only release, though.