Some suggestion to kalmah lover's

franklinchef

New Metal Member
Jun 28, 2005
Montreal, Canada
I wanted to share my little babies with you. These are all albums that marked me in some way.

Quo Vadis - Day Into Nigth + Forever
These two albums are my door to the metal. I was only listening to punk (yes, we all have done something to forget...). One day a friend said listen to this, he gave me his earphone and it all started:
On the shore of ithaka
If you guys like Kalmah melody, then you must listen to this one. From these albums I recommand the songs:
-On the shore of ithaka
-Legion of the betrayed
-Mute requiem (point of no return)
-Dream (intrusmental)
-As i feed the flame of hate
-Carpe Deum
-The day the universe changed
-Sans abris

I'll give you other albums that burried my grave.

Cradle of filth - Midian (removed the barrier of the voice in metal songs)
Dimmu Borgir - Puritanical Euphoric Misanthropia
Anvil of doom - deathillusion (spanish death melodic, little awsome band)
Martyrium - Withering in voluptuous embrace (made me fall in love with black, hard to find, www.martyrium.net for sample)
Augury - Concealed
Children of Bodom - Hatebreeder (a must, even if i don't like cob anymore)
Death - Symbolic
Graveworm - Scourge of malice
Iron Maiden - Iron Maiden (prowler, phantom of the opera, strange world, remember tomorow, iron maiden, transylvania... This album does kill)
Kalmah...

Forgot to add my last love, songs were not sorted in my mp3 directory :)

Insomnium - Since The Day It All Came Down
Necrophagist - Epitaph
and many more

Haaaa... Insomnium ... Yeah I love this band , Reminds me the beautifull melodies of Old In flames .
hOo! But you forgot one of the best Metal bands in 2004 , Wintersun
Melodic death metal with viking and Folk influences http://www.wintermadness.net You MUST Check it out!
(Sorry for my english I'm spanish and yes Anvil of doom is a good band :p )

didn't see that post. Lame I am. Can't see old post don't know why...

As forWintersun, it is good, but not that much. All the songs look the same to me. You probably like Windir, which is quite good also. I'm am currently discovering Enforsaken and Symbiontic, 2 good death band.

Defiant imagination, the last of Quo Vadis is damn good too! and you forgot Martyr one of the best band of Quebec!!!

For Wintersun I got the same opinoin than The_midnight_walker! Best groupe of 2004!

Yeah!! The lyrics of wintersun are the best that I have seen !
And I forgot Skyfire , sounds like kalmah but with their personal sound ,
and the last : Ensiferum , this band is awesome ;)

Hum, not really... Suggest me a good album and i'll listen it. The problem with old artist is that they have too many albums. Like Iron Maiden by example, all their latest album are not that good (except brave new world). Another good example would be kalmah, if I had listen to swampsong in first, probably that I would not like it at the moment.

franklinchef said:
Hum, not really... Suggest me a good album and i'll listen it. The problem with old artist is that they have too many albums. Like Iron Maiden by example, all their latest album are not that good (except brave new world). Another good example would be kalmah, if I had listen to swampsong in first, probably that I would not like it at the moment.

You try to say that the lastest albums are always cheaper..?

I dont really agree, I think its all about tastes...

Check out:

Mourn In Silence (Italian band that sounds A LOT like Kalmah, pretty obscure though)
Mors Principium Est
Throne of Chaos
Third Moon
Disarmonia Mundi
Suidakra
Skyfire
Storm of Sorrows
Vesperian Sorrow
Detonation

principle hero how can you like kalmah and metallica at the same time. metallica is the worst band of all time.....worst

holyimmortal said:
principle hero how can you like kalmah and metallica at the same time. metallica is the worst band of all time.....worst

all their new stuff is shit, everything is shit, except for their old riffs and solos. u have to admit theyre fucking good.

all songs of all times I have to admit that Metallica's Seek & Destroy is simply the best song ever created!

I love Kalmah and their unique sound but it doesn't mean I (or anyone else in that matter) have to be attached to one single band, the old Metallica albums still have a more original sound and as Metal Rocker mentioned, killer riffs!

i would recommend some not well known stuff :) like fearscape (australian death) or neshamah.. 2nd one is.. heavy :D

gohic stuff which i LUUUV: virgin black.. rather melodic but still: coool..