Somebody new to metal

on look through i like alot of the thrash, and id like to get the albums, but i dont have any money. Any good places to download?

People will get annoyed if you say that type of thing.

Just buy used on ebay.

I heard bloggers and filehosting sites were up to something very naughty though..

on a quick look through i like alot of thrash, i think i need to adjust before getting into the death.
Also, what are some good not "watered down" thrash/death bands of the 00s?

I second the Absence. They mix in a healthy dose of melodic death metal. Also, most people here don't like them but Skeletonwitch are pretty tight. Evile are also worth looking into.

Slaughter of the Soul is more accessible than The Red in the Sky is Ours to a newcomer to metal, (especially death metal, melodic or not) I'd think.
My thoughts exactly. He says he likes thrash and SotS is way thrashinger.

on look through i like alot of the thrash, and id like to get the albums, but i dont have any money. Any good places to download?
I buy all my stuff used off Amazon and eBay. You can get a lot of stuff cheap that way.
Bittorrent

not much kind why i was asking:lol:
though i was looking i liked master of puppets, and reign in blood, and i havent really listened to anything else. Arch enemy though i was just looking at, i like.

EXODUS! if youre into the thrash thing. dekapitator too.

other recs along the death/melodeath style:
miseration
augury
bloodbath
graveworm
into eternity
wintersun

~gR~

King Diamond - Abigail, Them
Iced Earth - Burnt Offerings
Invocator -
and don't forget Sepultura - Schizophrenia and Slayer - Show No Mercy

Last edited by a moderator:
Some (defunct) bands have made their songs available for free on their official websites. Check the websites of:

Anacrusis (enter the "Media" section to download their albums - since you like thrash, you'll probably like "Suffering Hour" and "Reason" the most, but you should also try "Manic Impressions" and "Screams And Whispers")
Ice Age (the best all-female thrash metal band - not that their have been that many anyway; the songs "Instant Justice" and "Fleet Street" are my favourite ones)

Other thrash metal bands I recommend (though their songs aren't officially available for free):
Détente
Znowhite ("Act Of God")
Mekong Delta
Hexenhaus (especially their debut "A Tribute To Insanity")

if you like thrash you might want to pick up Atomkraft - Total Metal (The anthology)

It's really raw but they are closer to thrash than venom are, and from the same movement and country.

Anyway their are some really cool tracks on that anthology.