Something I noticed about the SX/QR show

Technetium

Aug 31, 2002
Visit site
At least at the show I went to, Geoff Tate never said one word about the band that opened for him. In fact, he pretty much acted like there wasn't an opening band. At the very least, say something like "I want to thank Symphony X for touring with us." Isn't that supposed to be common courtesy?

I'm pretty sure Tate mentioned them at the NJ show, and Russ mentioned them too.

Half the people here didn't even stay for Queensryche, how would they know?

Platinum Maze said:
I'm pretty sure Tate mentioned them at the NJ show, and Russ mentioned them too.

Yes G your right-----It was mentioned at the Starland Ballroom show by both bands. Tate said thanks to SX for this leg of the tour. Too much metal in the ears I guess! :headbang: :Spin:

Snowmaker said:
Did Symphony X say anything about Queensryche?
Yeah. Lots, actually. At the beginning Russell said thanks to the Queensryche fans for being patient, that he knew they were anxious to see their band, and that they (the Symphony X members) grew up on them, too. And at the end of SX's opening show, he said (pointing to the bar) that he would be right over there enjoying the show to follow.

The one I went to was in Boston at the Avalon. Well, it is good to know that Tate acknowledged them in some other shows. Maybe he just had something on his mind at this one and forgot.

Snowmaker said:
Did Symphony X say anything about Queensryche?

yes, Russell thanked Queensryche fans for coming (he also thanked his own fans of course) and he said something about what an honor it was to be opening for such a legend because they had been an insperation to them or something like that... I actually didn't even stay for Queensryche I only cared about seeing my SX boys, but i'm not very happy to hear that they didn't thank SX, that's pretty weak.

Platinum Maze said:
Half the people here didn't even stay for Queensryche, how would they know?

i think you are right on that one! i know i didn't care to stay. FYI, russell did thank QR at the show i was at in chicago.

At the "3" shows I was at, SymX thanked QR, sometimes more then once..:cool:

The SymX guys, are the coolest guys you could ever have the chance to meet....:worship:

Rock On boys!!!!!

So is Queensryche playing a pretty good setlist or are they only focusing on new stuff?
And it's too bad Symphony X is not on the West coast leg of the tour. No way i'm paying close to 50 bucks just for Queensryche.

Technetium said:
At least at the show I went to, Geoff Tate never said one word about the band that opened for him. In fact, he pretty much acted like there wasn't an opening band. At the very least, say something like "I want to thank Symphony X for touring with us." Isn't that supposed to be common courtesy?

probably because they got smoked by SX!!!!!!! :D