Something missing from FAQ's...

Tranquillity is the way the brits spell it (or should :)), and tranquility is how the US people do. that's about it.

Both "tranquility" and "tranquillity" are perfectly correct ways to spell the word - the former is the more modern "american" way, whereas the latter is the more traditional "british" way. The reason for the band to use the latter lies most probably in the heavy influences they have drawn from some classic literature, which uses - with all respect - the british spellings for the most time, I believe.

As for whether or not this should be in the FAQ, I never put much weight to this question, since I've always spelled tranquillity with two l's (as one who prefers the "proper" old english over the new "american" variant). Perhaps it should be there, however, even if just for the americans...

-Villain

@villain: while i couldn't agree more on the reasons that make this a moot question if there ever was one, i guess sheer popularity defines this as frequently asked. if i can catch niklas online anytime soon i'll tell him to add something funny as a reply to this q. there's never enough ironic lines on any given site for my tastes, as you obviously know by now. ;)

yes, but...
(manipulation, infiltration, indoctrination.. u_u,,)
Look at this:

towelie.GIF

:Smug:

The Grand Wazoo said:
Tranquility is WRONG (tis Tranquillity)
Color is WRONG (tis colour)
Favorite is WRONG (tis favourite)
Americans just can't speak English, obviously..
:rolleyes:

It actually has to do with this well-known American named Webster (his last name), who wanted this newly born country called the United States to be different from the British after the Revolutionary war. One of the things he made different was how Americans spell words.

centre = center
alot = a lot

Perhaps it might be appropriate to let other people know that the former D.T. band member Fredrik Johansson isn't the same guy from In Flames and Dimension Zero in the DT FAQ. And probably not the same guy who's dating the blonde from Ace of Base. :)

The Grand Wazoo said:
:p

(tis TheatRE of Tragedy, damnit :p)
You mean he's dating the Theatre Of Tragedy blonde instead of the Ace of Base one? :p

:-o
You really do! (edit: speak teh lang)
Woooh
Cool. :cool:
I knew it
When teh bunney comes to you..
And you eat enough chocolate..
And like elephants..

You'll be allright. För evar. :cool:

[edit2] OMG what a stupid post :lol:

The Grand Wazoo said:
:-o