Album Art Work

insilence

Jun 11, 2005
I guess you might have discussed this topic, but if not what's your favorite album cover. I think 'CHARACTER' is pretty impressive though I like and all the other covers.I wonder what is the meaning behind the bird in the 'HEAVEN' booklet.This is the bird that I wanted to have tattooed on my back only with broken wings.I did not get the idea from DT but I see similar, only pure white where I live. She is seldom to be seen, very shy and always alone. [ 'HEAVEN' is a masterpiece :wave: ]

My fav one is propably the Character artwork.. I've got the poster on my wall and every day as I wake up it's one of the first things I see.. :) The unique artwork on Character's booklet brings more depth into the album..

Well, I suppose you mean covers in general, although it looks like fav cover from DT thread so far. My favourite cover is In Harmonia Universali from Solefald. (hows that sole? ;) )

Not sure about the best DT artwork but some years ago I bought Iron Maiden - Somewhere in Time just because of the artwork a second time on LP (had only the CD before). All these little hints to Maiden's history... great!

Another great artwork is probably Blind Guardian - Imaginations... because of all the details. To me, it has some special meaning because this got me into Metal (see the other thread).

While thinking of DT, there are more candidates: Character, Haven and Projector (when looking at the complete artwork including booklet and back), as well as the Damage Done LP (when only talking about the front cover).

marduk1507 said:
Well, I suppose you mean covers in general, although it looks like fav cover from DT thread so far. My favourite cover is In Harmonia Universali from Solefald. (hows that sole? ;) )

damn thats a really good choice. its made so far as I know by a czech artist, right?and as your from slovakia...
B00008IXCL.03.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

my favorite DT cover is the minds I together with Character.
does andybody know who had the idea of the image of the collage on the TMIcover?did niklas draw the DT-symbol?

beside these 2 is my favorite cover this:

Yeah, you are right, it was done by Jan Kristofori, its called "Gear of Life" ("Räderwerk des Lebens" - these translations suck, but you at least have some idea of the original title). That one from Thorns rules, too!