Something to do if you're in So Cal 3/14

Whoo Hooo! I will be in SoCal on the 14th! Now, does anyone know how to get there from the Wilshire Grand? Gotta be easier than San Diego on Sat. Thats a $50 train ride! Of course it's worth it if someone's got an open seat. Swear I'm not an axe murderer!

SciKikMobster said:
YES - this will be a kick ass show!

Also on the bill... the Atomic Punks (Worlds Greatest Van Halen Tribute)

Plus, METAL101 (All Male Tribute to Gods of Heavy Metal)

More Info Here: http://www.psychicmafia.com/KozmosFlyer.html

For those of you who haven't caught 'em yet, Metal 101 kicks mega-ass!! You WILL have spiritual moments at M101's show, guaranteed! If i had $1 for everytime i heard someone say "Oh shit, i haven't heard this song in YEARS! YEAHHH!!!", I'd have enough to pay off The Finland Experience(tm).

MADDAXMAN said:
Whoo Hooo! I will be in SoCal on the 14th! Now, does anyone know how to get there from the Wilshire Grand? Gotta be easier than San Diego on Sat. Thats a $50 train ride! Of course it's worth it if someone's got an open seat. Swear I'm not an axe murderer!

Here are directions to the club:http://www.kozmoshb.com/here.htm

I'm coming from Orange County... hitching a ride with me would be too tough with Friday Traffic and all. Two of my band mates will be coming from East LA. I'll hit them up for you...

Any suggestions out there?

Also just added is EMPYRE, tribute to Queensryche. I hear they kick ass but I am partial... :D

chewybang said:
I'm FINALLY gonna get to see Metal101! About friggin time! It's gonna be a great show. I expect a ear ringing, head banging night, Armando...

Javier - you're coming?!

Well that is just Down-Right Kicks Ass! What a co-inky dink... I was just jamming to your CD the other day.

We have to have another DR & PM Show... remember the Felt Room? Bring bach the Felt Room! With better management... of course.

See you on Friday...

Reactor is an original metal band. Last time I heard them play, they kinda sounded like Rob Zombie. They're pretty heavy. It's really hard for original bands right now.... so I try to encourage people to go see good original acts when I know they're playing somewhere. They need our support.

Steph Harris said:
If anyone wants to know more about Reactor, check out their website: http://www.reactor.homestead.com/index.html[/QUOTE]

I agree with Steph, it is tough for original acts these days especially with all the new music out there such as all the girl and boy bands. I can appreciate the musicianship of some of it, but I can really only find a very little that I actually like. I am all for supporting local original acts whenever I have the chance.

Friday should be a rager!

Melisan said:
All right, I'll ask. What's Reactor?
I've been hearing about Reactor for years... so I'm looking forward to catching their set.

Reactor & my original band (PsychicMafia) both have tracks on a Motley Crue Tribute CD that was released late last year on WWIII Records.

MotlyTrib.jpg
I'm curious to hear their original material... I've heard nothing but good things.​

SciKikMobster said:
Javier - you're coming?!

Well that is just Down-Right Kicks Ass! What a co-inky dink... I was just jamming to your CD the other day.

We have to have another DR & PM Show... remember the Felt Room? Bring bach the Felt Room! With better management... of course.

See you on Friday...

Oh, you betcha! I think this is the first weekend that you guys are playing and we're not or in which I'm not doing anything else. It's gonna be a great show, man! You guys, Empyre AND Atomic Punks? That's a HUGE show!

The Gare said:
http://www.reactor.homestead.com/index.html[/QUOTE[/url]]

I agree with Steph, it is tough for original acts these days especially with all the new music out there such as all the girl and boy bands. I can appreciate the musicianship of some of it, but I can really only find a very little that I actually like. I am all for supporting local original acts whenever I have the chance.

Friday should be a rager!

I TOTALLY agree with you guys. The Maidens have been kind enough to let us open for them twice and letting us show all you guys what we're all about. They have the fan base and they were (and always are) kind enough to let us little folk get some exposure to a new crowd.
Support your local acts, man! That's what it's all about.