Something Wild LP

FRETPLAYER_mx said:
im not selling that unless im gay

It's actually my second copy which is for sale. And well, I lost my interest in the band after they released that horrible Follow the reaper album. But I still like the first two. Just not enough to own 5 different versions of each I guess.

xshadowsoulsx said:
How the hell can you say FTR was bad?

I had written the releasedate in my schoolagenda months beforehand and we'd check our local shop every few days because they sometimes got new albums in before the official releasedate. And when I finally got it, it enervated me. I was and still am everything but a keyboard-fanatic, and on FTR they just pushed it too far. I hardly ever played that album, and when they released Hate crew deathroll I just lost all hopes in them releasing another decent album. I know this is the Children of bodom board and most, if not all of you, will disagree but in my opinion they only released two good full-lenghts. Also in those five years, my music taste evoluated into the more raw, primitive and agressive forms of metal. I still play the first two, but only once a year.

humus666 said:
I had written the releasedate in my schoolagenda months beforehand and we'd check our local shop every few days because they sometimes got new albums in before the official releasedate. And when I finally got it, it enervated me. I was and still am everything but a keyboard-fanatic, and on FTR they just pushed it too far. I hardly ever played that album, and when they released Hate crew deathroll I just lost all hopes in them releasing another decent album. I know this is the Children of bodom board and most, if not all of you, will disagree but in my opinion they only released two good full-lenghts. Also in those five years, my music taste evoluated into the more raw, primitive and agressive forms of metal. I still play the first two, but only once a year.

H.o.l.y.s.h.i.t.

humus666 said:

Primitive??? Like:
Code:
D__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C__0-0-0-000-000-0-0-0-0-0-000-00-00-0-0--0-0000--00-0-0-000-2-0-0-0-0-0-0-000--0-00-0-00-0-0-00-0-0-0-00

Yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

Rock Hydra said:
Primitive??? Like:
Code:
D__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
F__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
G__------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
C__0-0-0-000-000-0-0-0-0-0-000-00-00-0-0--0-0000--00-0-0-000-2-0-0-0-0-0-0-000--0-00-0-00-0-0-00-0-0-0-00
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from.

What? 2? Fucking prog rock!!!!

He kinda has a point with saying 'FTR was horrible'...I've always wanted to know an 'ancient' fans opinion about this album, cuz it kinda stands between old and new Bodom...

On FTR you can find those new elements (I call them 'happy melodies') and you also have a 'weaker' and more polished sound...

I remember Humus from the first COB official boards in 2000, when cobhc.com launched and before they moved to Ultimate Metal in November 2001.

Anyway, in the middle of 2000, in a time when there weren't any n00bs, fanboys/girls, when nothing was tr00 or emo and there weren't any of those silly sayings, there were many fans who had problems with the Hate Me! single which just got released. Some of my friends lost interest in COB when they released Follow The Reaper because it went to a Heavy Metal influenced direction. Hatebreeder was an album full of speed, lots of fast doublebass, blastbeats, etc. but Follow The Reaper had more midtempo songs and there weren't songs like Silent Night, Bodom Night.

Also, lots of people complained that this album didn't had the same atmosphere which made the first two albums so special and Alexi's ideas weren't as innovative as in the past when he started as a young musician with lots of song ideas. These are some of the reasons why older fans lost interest after they listened to Hatebreeder for 2 years, waited for a new album and got disappointed because it had nothing they expected. Nowadays it's different when a new fan downloads Hatebreeder and 10 mins after that another album when they didn't had the time to get into the album and "understand" it.

If somebody cares: When Follow The Reaper was released, it became my new favourite COB album. It was the same with Hate Crew Deathroll and Are You Dead Yet? And if you don't care, then I don't care.