Something Wild LP

After i started listening to Pantera, Vintersorg and Wintersun i have completely lost intrest in cob, i thought they were outstanding, but after wintersun, i cannot see cob top that. The only album i play still from cob is Hatebreeder, and sometimes Something Wild, although rarely.

If i had the money i'd actually buy that LP, just for.. having it lol, i like LP's, but nothing to spare at the moment =(

Muffin said:
i thought they were outstanding, but after wintersun, i cannot see cob top that.

I heartily agree with you, but I feel that CoB is better when you need a fix of the faster stuff. Wintersun's more focused on getting a slow, epic feel (minus a few tracks). What's crazier is that Jari Mäenpää did it entirely by himself (minus Kai Hahto). Insane. :kickass:

Authentic Metalhead said:
I heartily agree with you, but I feel that CoB is better when you need a fix of the faster stuff. Wintersun's more focused on getting a slow, epic feel (minus a few tracks). What's crazier is that Jari Mäenpää did it entirely by himself (minus Kai Hahto). Insane. :kickass:

True, i hope there are a bit more fast tracks on Time

And yes, it is insane!

<-Warheart-> said:
Wintersun suck :erk:

At first i didnt like Wintersun either, but that one riff on Beyond THe Dark Sun stuck on me, so i listened to that, i hated winter madness because it seemed like piss at first.. but after i really listened to beyond the dark sun, i wanted more.. i started listening to Death and the Healing, and hten winter madness, after that Battle against time, and Starchild. Then sleeping stars, sadness and hate.. and i really hated beautiful death, untill 3 days ago, and now i love the whole album :lol:

I have an odd feeling about the Time album though.. Jari used 10 years on the last album, will this one be just as good? He didnt focus 100% on the Wintersun album, as he is with the Time album, so it might get just as good, or even better..
But i'm really looking forward to it anyways =)

Muffin said:
At first i didnt like Wintersun either, but that one riff on Beyond THe Dark Sun stuck on me, so i listened to that, i hated winter madness because it seemed like piss at first.. but after i really listened to beyond the dark sun, i wanted more.. i started listening to Death and the Healing, and hten winter madness, after that Battle against time, and Starchild. Then sleeping stars, sadness and hate.. and i really hated beautiful death, untill 3 days ago, and now i love the whole album :lol:

I have an odd feeling about the Time album though.. Jari used 10 years on the last album, will this one be just as good? He didnt focus 100% on the Wintersun album, as he is with the Time album, so it might get just as good, or even better..
But i'm really looking forward to it anyways =)

yes... well it was a bit faster here :)
i instantly liked them, but jari is so awesome... jari > alexi (solo in winter madness... HOLY FUCK!!)

HomerJ_123 said:
yes... well it was a bit faster here :)
i instantly liked them, but jari is so awesome... jari > alexi (solo in winter madness... HOLY FUCK!!)

Yeah i know, winter madness solo is like, 1 minute of pure awesomeness, his hand must get tired after that o.o

Hey Zarok, good to see atleast one familiar face around here after all those years.
And you're right, FTR lacked the agression and atmosphere of the previous ones and replaced them with keyboards and too much happy melodies. It wasn't my cup of tea, and it still isn't. Nothing wrong with heavy metal (influences) by the way, you can find me on festivals like Headbangers open air, Keep it true and Swordbrothers!
Also, as you might have noticed the record remained unsold. In case anyone wants it, I'm now selling it off-ebay, €50 + postage and it's yours.

<-Warheart-> said:
Sounds like random shredding to me.

Dude, i had the exact same thoughts about the Winter Madness solo like, 4 months ago.. I felt it was just random shredding too, but later on now, i see how wrong i was. If you will ever like wintersun is really up to yourself, find a song, find a riff, and stick with it, learn it on yer guitar, play it once in a while. Then move on, progress further into the music. Ofcourse, you don't need to, but i can recommend it, because i once had that same statement in my head.
But it seriously isnt random shredding. Because wintersun is a form of symphonic metal. I showed it to a friend of mine who writes classical pieces, educated fella, and he said that Wintersun seemed to use very classical way of writing, and that leaves virtually no room for random shredding, i assure you lol.
Some of you lot have listened to Sadness and Hate, and i can tell you that if you had replaced the metal with symphonic instruments like strings and stuff like that, you'd get something very close to a classical piece.

I love it haha.

But now to bed i go, yet i am not tired.. school is a piece of flaming shit

humus666 said:
It's actually my second copy which is for sale. And well, I lost my interest in the band after they released that horrible Follow the reaper album. But I still like the first two. Just not enough to own 5 different versions of each I guess.
DIE NOW!

humus666 said:
It's actually my second copy which is for sale. And well, I lost my interest in the band after they released that horrible ARE YOU DEAD YET? album. But I still like the first two. Just not enough to own 5 different versions of each I guess.
or.. sorry i <3 you :)

HomerJ_123 said:

<3 :oops:

Also i've gotten the liking for the solo in Beautiful death, the progression of the sweeps are just brilliant when you really listen to it, albeit it sounds somewhat dull compared to Winter Madness and DATH.. Now DATH has an awesome solo imo.. I love doing the harmonic part of it, the sweeping solo's are just way out of my league :erk: YET! *runs to practise*