USA June 11, 2008 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena
USA June 12, 2008 Cuyahoga Falls, OH Blossom Music Center
USA June 14, 2008 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
USA June 15, 2008 New York, NY Madison Square Gardens
USA June 17, 2008 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Centre
USA June 18, 2008 Columbia, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion
USA June 20, 2008 Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center for The Peforming Arts

No Atlanta, no Canada, no surprise.

As for Seattle tickets, I did the presale, and I couldn't get a single front row ticket in any section. The best I could find was 4th row in one of the far angles. So...

I went on the next day with the Live Nation pre-sale. Just as bad, but some seats opened up that were not available at the Iron Maiden presale. So...

I waited until the sale to the general public. By then, all the pit seats were gone, all the 100 level were gone, and there was nothing but lawn seats and deep 200 row seats. So...

I went on StubHub and found that people were selling tickets at 2-10x the face value. The seats I wanted were $400 a piece! So...

I called the venue. I ordered VIP box seats (not available via Ticketmaster - only directly from the venue) for me and the missus for $325. It comes with valet parking and dinner, and it's the only section in the venue where you can drink alcohol while watching the gig. So, I lucked out that option was available. But, that's not my point.

My point is - who got all the front rows before the Iron Maiden presale? I'm starting to suspect that there's some collusion going on between Ticketmaster and professional scalpers. I was really disappointed that the Iron Maiden pre-sale did not give me access to the best stuff. What's the point of a pre-sale then?

I'm speculating that the front rows are reserved for friends and family of the band, friends and family of the event promoter, friends and family of the ticket agent (local and national- Ticketbastard and Live Nation), friends and family of the radio stations doing advertising gigs and winners of on-air radio contests, as well as Venue Season ticket holders and sponsors.

Also, I assume that the above have significant blocks reserved for them, and undoubtedly have scalpers' rights to sell the extra tickets. It's probably all specified by contract to ensure a full house, and a sold-out box office.

It's not fair, but then, what is?

More dates up now. Western Canada added:

USA May 21, 2008 San Antonio, TX Verizon Wireless
USA May 22, 2008 Houston, TX Woodlands
USA May 25, 2008 Albuquerque, NM Journal Pavilion
USA May 26, 2008 Phoenix, AZ Cricket Pavilion
USA May 28, 2008 Concord, CA Concord
USA May 30, 2008 Los Angeles, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
USA May 31, 2008 Los Angeles, CA Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre
USA June 2, 2008 Seattle, WA White River Amphitheater
CANADA June 3, 2008 Vancouver, BC Pacific Coliseum
CANADA June 5, 2008 Calgary, AB Saddledome
CANADA June 6, 2008 Edmonton, AB Rexall Place
CANADA June 8, 2008 Regina, SK Brandt Center
CANADA June 9, 2008 Winnipeg, SK MTS Centre
USA June 11, 2008 Rosemont, IL Allstate Arena
USA June 12, 2008 Cuyahoga Falls, OH Blossom Music Center
USA June 14, 2008 Holmdel, NJ PNC Bank Arts Center
USA June 15, 2008 New York, NY Madison Square Gardens
USA June 17, 2008 Camden, NJ Susquehanna Bank Centre
USA June 18, 2008 Columbia, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion
USA June 20, 2008 Mansfield, MA Tweeter Center for The Peforming Arts

I'm speculating that the front rows are reserved for friends and family of the band, friends and family of the event promoter, friends and family of the ticket agent (local and national- Ticketbastard and Live Nation), friends and family of the radio stations doing advertising gigs and winners of on-air radio contests, as well as Venue Season ticket holders and sponsors.

Also, I assume that the above have significant blocks reserved for them, and undoubtedly have scalpers' rights to sell the extra tickets. It's probably all specified by contract to ensure a full house, and a sold-out box office.

It's not fair, but then, what is?
Your speculations are probably all on target, and all unfortunate. I figure the radio stations should get the worst seats since most true fans would buy the tickets when they get on sale. The remainder of true fans who just can't afford the show I am sure would be happy to get any ticket at all from a radio station.

I have long thought that Maiden FC members should have front row/FTTB priority. I told LAZ long ago that if he wanted to increase FC membership, and increase enthusiasm among front row concert-goers, they should secure the best seats for the FANS. This would help reduce those "Fat American Hot-dog eaters" that Bruce alluded to in many of his rants.

Does it change? NO, apparently they love the $$, and the sold out shows that those "Fat Hotdog eaters" provide. Maybe Bruce should apply some of that big mouth into changing the unfair ticket sales practices of Ticketbastard and their ilk.

Obviously, being the capitalist LAZ is, I'm sure he would relish increased membership and fan-based direct income. That this has not happened would indicate that the band, and the FC have little control over large blocks of tickets at each event.

Is this phenomenon strictly an American Capitalist Pig policy? I doubt it. I would bet large $$ that this happens on EVERY continent.

IronMaidenMay28-31showstickets.jpg

IronMaidenMay30-312008flyertickets-.jpg

At least the pits not going to be as big as the whole floor at the Forum!

Up the Irons!
Dion from Nor Cal

I have long thought that Maiden FC members should have front row/FTTB priority. I told LAZ long ago that if he wanted to increase FC membership, and increase enthusiasm among front row concert-goers, they should secure the best seats for the FANS. This would help reduce those "Fat American Hot-dog eaters" that Bruce alluded to in many of his rants.

Does it change? NO, apparently they love the $$, and the sold out shows that those "Fat Hotdog eaters" provide. Maybe Bruce should apply some of that big mouth into changing the unfair ticket sales practices of Ticketbastard and their ilk.

Obviously, being the capitalist LAZ is, I'm sure he would relish increased membership and fan-based direct income. That this has not happened would indicate that the band, and the FC have little control over large blocks of tickets at each event.

Is this phenomenon strictly an American Capitalist Pig policy? I doubt it. I would bet large $$ that this happens on EVERY continent.
It cracks me up how Bruce insults some of his own fan base with comments like that. I'm one of those fans who likes to observe the show and take it all in without going wild, but he just assumes fans like me aren't enjoying ourselves. It's unfortunate he feels that way.

A band with Maiden's clout should be able to pull off getting the best tickets to the fans. I don't understand why they don't, other than that it requires more logistal work. Oh well. At least they implicitly support live show trading! :headbang:

I've been known to swill a few Bacardi & Cokes ... food? No way, you never know where that dog has been.

Eat before the show starts or after. Maiden is only going to be on stage for 90 minutes or so. It's like, why did you bother buying a ticket if you're not even paying attention.

I've never left the stage area except this last show in the pit Feb 19 in LA...I got pulled out & NEEDED water...the bastards didn't even give me water when I asked...I was pissed & had to run to the snack bar. But after that I ran my ass back to see the show!

Up the Irons!
Dion

My 1st Iron Maiden concert:
IronMaiden-July31983MemorialAuditor.jpg

IronMaiden-July31983MemorialAudi-1.jpg

Did you all see that there were pit tickets available for Irvine? Both shows? released yesterday? I'd be pissed if I'd tried the IMFC pre-sale and ended up going to the scalpers for pit seats only to have Ticketmaster pull this lovely stunt...

Having said that, I just bought 2 tickets in the pit through TM and quickly found people to take my 2 loge seats for Friday's show :D.

can't do that for saturday... as I have 3 other people going with me who would not necessarily appreciate the pit as much...

They were available for a good couple of hours yesterday. I jumped in as soon as someone posted the heads up on the IMFC site...

Hopefully it is close to a sell out. Did you see that a show in Canada sold out in 30 minutes? Brilliant :)

Did you all see that there were pit tickets available for Irvine? Both shows? released yesterday? I'd be pissed if I'd tried the IMFC pre-sale and ended up going to the scalpers for pit seats only to have Ticketmaster pull this lovely stunt...

Having said that, I just bought 2 tickets in the pit through TM and quickly found people to take my 2 loge seats for Friday's show :D.

can't do that for saturday... as I have 3 other people going with me who would not necessarily appreciate the pit as much...

Oh you lucky bastard! I'm so jealous!! But, happy for you:) How did the person on the IMFC board know about the pit tix being avail?