Sonata Arctica and Nightwish confirmed to tour North America!

TheGraveDigger

Heavy Metal Maniac
Sep 29, 2002
Union, NJ, USA
It appears that in April of 2005 Sonata Arctica and Nightwish will be embarking on a North American tour. So far the only confirmed date is Monday April 25, at BB Kings in New York City, the date is confirmed by BB Kings website. Nightwish are also confirmed to play the New England Hardcore and Metal Fest and I am sure its only a matter of time before Sonata Arctica ends up confirmed for that.

This is such awesome news! I can't wait.

Too bad, because in April of 2005, I'll be UNDER THE GUILLOTINE! :headbang: I'd rather witness the AWAKENING OF THE GODS than some flower metal.

I'll be there - think I'd probably better leave my balls at home, though, as both of those bands are known to cause major testicle atrophy. Or so I hear.

The_Evil_Gentleman said:
why do people hate Nightwish and Sonata Arctica? There's nothing wrong with them!

For me, at least:

Sonata Arctica = Trying to be Kai Hansen but failing miserably because there is no good riffwork in sight. Same problem as Stratovarius, for guitar parts they rely on fast one string picking, which gets really boring, really fast. Also add a really annoying double bass abusing drummer who goes on the same fast beat pattern forever, without any variation. Wanky solos, and the vocalist has absolutely no power - He just sounds prissy and gay. Therefore: FLOWER METAL.

Nightwish - Well, I haven't really listened to much of them. Their first album actually wasn't all that bad, it was really flowery in some ways, but they had a good concept of guitar work. It was kind of like 80's pop mixed with some really good Metal riffwork. Everything else I've heard from them isn't even Metal, so I probably wouldn't bother seeing them.

I'll be at the NY show. I saw Nightwish at BB Kings back in April and the place was packed and the show was oversold beyond belief. They should play Roseland. They are popular enough.

I like Nightwish, haven't heard Sonata Arctica yet

unless the tickets are relatively cheap ill probably not go.