SONATA ARCTICA and NIGHTWISH NORTH AMERICAN TOUR CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

You bet Ben...I'll see you there...and we WILL raise many pints, I'm sure!

Rock on!

Tour was expected...but sooo cool to see it confirmed! Was awesome the success of the last NW US tour, and now to see they followed through on their comments of coming back real soon (+ with SA!). I'll be at B.B. Kings, and maybe more. :headbang:

Tour really gives hope too, that through the PP concerts over the years, bands & labels are finally seeing there is a real metal audience for this music in the US! This tour will certainly help during the wait until THE annual event next Sept. PPVI! :worship:

What a date at ProgPower for SA or NW can offer fans that their regular tour cannot is guaranteed access to the bands for autographs and pictures. If the upcoming NW/SA tour is like the last NW tour, it could be very hard to meet any of the band members. In Chicago, NW stayed in a hotel away from the venue and were driven in and driven out promptly before and after the show. Tarja doesn't even take the bus with the band (and I don't blame her), prefering to travel separately with her husband via plane when possible.

I certainly would like to see SA at PP6 (not to mention NW again).

You know, I do think that if enough people go out to this tour then yes, we might actually have some more real packages come to the states that hit up alot of places and dont suck. The Iced Earth / Evergrey / Bodom was the beginning of a US tour that rivals those in Europe and now this. Lets hope.

Still lookin' and hoping for an Atlanta date. I know that the Masquerade looked over the tour package and declined...so far, anyway.

Incidentally, I heard earlier today that a date had been booked in Myrtle Beach, so there's at least some hope for the Southeast....

$#@%@#$%$%@#$@%$%

%@#^%!!!!!!!!

As I feared - They'll be in Philly on April 26th. I'll be sailing somewhere in the Southern Caribbean. Lousy timing (although sailing in the Caribbean is a pretty good alternative). Now I REALLY hope SA is booked for PPVI.

DarkOne

I'll be at the NY show. I've dreamed of a Finnish All Star show for sometme now(with Bodom being the trifecta). But I saw Bodom headline last week so Sonata and Nightwish is more than enough.

It would be awesome if this tour came through Orlando!! I've been wanting to see SA for a long time now!! Probably will play HOB! Will be keeping my eye out for future tour dates!! :headbang:

I would love to see Nightwish and Sonata Arctica at Progpower even if I did see them somewhere else. I can always see great performances over and over again and not get sick of it! Go for it Glenn, it will still be great but whatever you decide, I'll be there.

Again, all I can say is that I can't wait to Sonata Arctica. This is one of the most insane and amazing things I have ever heard. Just one day all of a sudden I hear they're playing in New York for the start of a North American tour, right out of the blue. I nearly crapped myself. This will certainly be the best concert I will have ever experienced. Not to say Nightwish won't kick major ass either, I can't wait for that too but SA is just incredible.

~Snote

There is still a third band to be added to this tour. C'mon make this a true Finnish tour and add fucking Thunderstone. That would just slaughter everything and I would lose my mind. April 25 can't come sooner. Seeing how packed BB Kings was last time (and way oversold) they should be playing the Roseland though that may be too big.

So great to be adding Sonata to the list of Euro power metal bands that have played in America that I have seen....

Blind Guardian
Hammerfall
Primal Fear
Helloween
Children of Bodom
Evergrey
Brainstorm
Grave Digger
Shadowkeep (UK)
Edguy
Tad Morose
Nightwish
Lullacry

I hope Glenn decides to book Sonata Arctica for ProgPower as I'd love to experience a full-set of this amazing band rather than just an opening-set. I think Nightwish is big enough to carry their own weight, however, I'd simply love to see Sonata Arctica at ProgPower.