SONATA ARCTICA and NIGHTWISH NORTH AMERICAN TOUR CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!

Now my post from a few weeks ago may make more sense.

Before anyone jumps to any conclusions, I have still not decided on what I will do. it will all depend on the availability of other options and financial ramifications.

Glenn H.

Wow, this is killer. A long time to wait for the tour, but it'll break up the wait for Progpower VI. Hopefully they play SF. And play a bigger venue than they (Nightwish) played the last time they played here (which was sold out, about 1000 people or so).

well i guess the hat's out of the bag. seeing as how a nightwish/SA tour most assuredly will not be coming anymore near the southeast, book em! although i wonder with nightwish touring america beginning in april, will they not be on the road in europe come september? but i'm sure you've already looked into that

seein as how NW is all over europe right now, hopefully the US leg will be the end of the tour and they'll get to writing the next masterpiece :)

This is one of the sickest things I have ever heard of and I can't wait!! Lucky for me I live in NY so I won't have to travel far. BTW, Glenn, get Sonata Arctica for PP this year, there should be no thinking involved, this band rocks!!!

Yes, Glenn, your post makes a heck of a lot more sense. Hey, everyone's been clamoring for Sonata Arctica for two years now. Go for it, national tour or no national tour.

DarkOne

Taking a second look . . . I'm in Philly and going on a cruise that week. Please let them come hear a little before or after that date!! The last Nightwish in Philly show was canceled due to visa issues or something. I'd hate to be away for this one.

DarkOne

anyone know if NW has been playing much stuff off "Once"? i'd LOVE to hear "ghost love score" live. but i'm assuming glenn is going for sonata and not both :( seems to me like NW's management is too paranoid about expanding to a fullblown US tour in fear of a bad experience in certain markets. if NW isn't in a running for PP next year, they shouldn't stiff the southeast out of the entire tour, AGAIN. i mean they're never reluctant to book a NY show right off the bat. last night at the Masq for the CC show, i saw tags from florida, tennessee, carolina, and alabama. and this was on a monday, so it shows there is definately a market in the southeast. also keep in mind that it was pouring down rain all around the south, so it was no easy task in getting there for a lot people. people in the northern part of florida are happy enough if they get a show in atlanta. southeastern people are usually more willing to actually drive, as opposed to being lazy and staying home if a show isn't within 50 miles of their house

After seraching ticketmaster and pollstar, I found dates for:

Worcester, MA
Chicago, IL
Toranto, ON

COME TO CLEVELAND BABY!

God damn it, I'll still be in school (in Rochester) April 25. I doubt they'll get any closer to Rochester than NYC, so I've got some choices to make, and I have to make them fast...

They are doing about 5 songs from Once on the tour right now including Ghost Love Score as the finale. I'll be seeing them in 3 weeks in Toronto!

I will definitley be at B.B. Kings for that show with Sonata Arctica. I'll probably be standing on their doorstep Dec. 1 when tix go on sale!
I kinda figured that's who Glenn was talking about since rumors were spreading about them touring with NW.

GLENN: I say book 'em both! That would be the ultimate!:worship:

Finland's NIGHTWISH will be embarking on a North American headlining tour beginning on April 18, 2005 in Minneapolis and concluding May 10 in Seattle, the group's booking agent has confirmed to BLABBERMOUTH.NET. Fellow Finns SONATA ARCTICA will occupy the middle slot, with an opening act yet to be announced. Confirmed dates so far are as follows:

Apr. 18 - Quest Club – Minneapolis, MN
Apr. 20 - House of Blues – Chicago, IL
Apr. 21 - House of Blues – Cleveland, OH
Apr. 23 - The Palladium – Worcester, MA (New England Metal and Hardcore Festival)
Apr. 25 – B.B. King's – New York, NY
Apr. 26 - Trocadero – Philadelphia, PA
May 08 - Fillmore – San Francisco, CA
May 10 - ShowBox – Seattle, WA

Other planned stops on the tour will include Orlando, Atlanta, Dallas, San Antonio, Las Vegas and Phoenix. More dates will be announced soon.

Harvester said:

Before anyone jumps to any conclusions, I have still not decided on what I will do. it will all depend on the availability of other options and financial ramifications.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=29552

According to this link, it sound like they are planning on hitting Atlanta, just haven't set a date yet.

My personal feelings are go for it. I would be happy to see Nightwish twice, and I would see Sonata Arctica a million times.

Nate

Harvester said:

Glenn H.

Glenn.. Heavenly & Dragonforce will be a great support bands! :hotjump:

SAN ANTONIO MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MWAHAHAHHAHAHAH!!! ASSGASM!

Thats especially cool cos in January Ill be living there and a bunch of my friends are at UT so hell yea! Wow the concept of neither driving at least 5 hours or flying across four states to see a show is baffling my fragile mind.

Ben