Sonata Arctica Delain Xandria US Tour!

I get that Sonata has lost some of their early power fans, those early albums are my favorite too. But unlike many power metal fans that don't mind the same album over and over, I prefer a band stretch it's wings. While not my favorites, I have loved some stuff on the last three. While I don't think the new album will sound like Silence or Winterheart's Guild, I would be happy if they kept tying new things but featured more of the melodic style they got back into on the last album.

I saw their post the other day on FB that they supposedly believe it's more power metal in sound. I'll believe that when I hear it.

Same here. I don't seem them going back to their "roots" after their last few albums going a little mainstream. We shall see what happens.

As for Edguy, Tobias needs to put more focus into them. If he did that as much as he did with Avantasia, that band would be off the chart. They did the same thing that Sonata did to me when they came out with Unia. Sanctus was way too much classic rock and what they are really about. The true power metal band that they sound like in Mandrake or Hellfire club. They have to do something......

I'd at least prefer something like The Hellfire Club. Something in the perfect middle of their old style and what they are now.

*instert gripe about no shows in or near NC*
Does anybody promote shows up here? I'd go 50/50 with somebody for something like this.
I think this bill is one million times better than the SA/Arsis ticket.

Delain is the only band that matters. I am proud of my kids and it's going to be cool seeing my Xandria family too. Thank you all for supporting them here in the USA. I, as a fan, am truly grateful to all of you and to all of the promoters who have given them a chance to prove their self.

As for Edguy, Tobias needs to put more focus into them. If he did that as much as he did with Avantasia, that band would be off the chart. They did the same thing that Sonata did to me when they came out with Unia. Sanctus was way too much classic rock and what they are really about. The true power metal band that they sound like in Mandrake or Hellfire club. They have to do something......

The problem with Edguy now is that for some reason Tobi wants that band to be the second coming of Scorpions, but he's really not good at that sort of thing. Power metal is where he excels.

I regret missing Delain's last tour in Atlanta with Kamelot, so I'll go to this one for them and for Xandria. However, Sonata lost me about 2 albums ago. Aside from maybe one or two songs, I haven't liked their stuff since Unia started. Guess I'll be coming back home early that night.

I regret missing Delain's last tour in Atlanta with Kamelot, so I'll go to this one for them and for Xandria. However, Sonata lost me about 2 albums ago. Aside from maybe one or two songs, I haven't liked their stuff since Unia started. Guess I'll be coming back home early that night.

Leaving early seems like an odd thing to do, if you already paid to be there, and you like at least some of their albums. Do you feel they aren't going to play any older material? Their recent setlists suggest otherwise. Also, if it turns out their upcoming album sounds more like their old stuff as they claim, it's even possible you could enjoy a new song or two.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not telling you what to do. You obviously can and should do whatever you feel is best for you... this just struck me as a bit of an odd reason to leave early.

Seven Kingdoms added to the TAMPA DATE on OCTOBER 15th! @ The Orpheum! Tix on sale through 7K-ONLINE January 31st!

Leaving early seems like an odd thing to do, if you already paid to be there, and you like at least some of their albums. Do you feel they aren't going to play any older material? Their recent setlists suggest otherwise. Also, if it turns out their upcoming album sounds more like their old stuff as they claim, it's even possible you could enjoy a new song or two.

Don't get me wrong... I'm not telling you what to do. You obviously can and should do whatever you feel is best for you... this just struck me as a bit of an odd reason to leave early.

Nah man, I get where you're coming from. I've seen Sonata before, around the Reckoning Night days-- I've gotten to hear the old songs. I could just lounge around the bar area or go see some friends near the venue. Normally when I see an act, most of my attention is on the stage and the performance. I just don't see myself doing that for them anymore. And my mind can definitely change before then, who knows.

Woo, glad I'm not alone in loving that one.

I thought it was great too. Hellfire Club is my favorite. Tinnitus Sanctus and Age of the Joker just went too far in a hard rock direction for my liking. And I'm a big hard rock fan. The problem is that Edguy just isn't that great at it.

I loved Age of the Joker, but I went into it knowing that it wouldn't be a power metal album.. it was going to be a hard rock album with a few power metal songs, like Tinnitus Sanctus.

Some of the songs I can definitely leave, but Breathe, The Arcane Guild, Rock of Cashel, and Pandora's Box are all great songs for me, as well as God Fallen Silent and Aleister Crowley Memorial Boogie from the bonus disc - I have no idea how God Fallen Silent wasn't on the main disc, instead of, say, Fire on the Downline or Two Out Of Seven.

(Two Out Of Seven is the only Edguy song that I've completely deleted from iTunes, so I can't accidentally listen to it).

We'll see what Tobi pulls out come April..

Everything pre Theater of Salvation: Good.
Theater of Salvation, Mandrake and Hellfire Club: FANTASTIC.
Rocket Ride: Decent.
Tinnitus: Has its moments.
Everything after: Very, very weak.

Looking forward to giving them another chance with the new disc though. :)

I loved Age of the Joker, but I went into it knowing that it wouldn't be a power metal album.. it was going to be a hard rock album with a few power metal songs, like Tinnitus Sanctus.

Some of the songs I can definitely leave, but Breathe, The Arcane Guild, Rock of Cashel, and Pandora's Box are all great songs for me, as well as God Fallen Silent and Aleister Crowley Memorial Boogie from the bonus disc - I have no idea how God Fallen Silent wasn't on the main disc, instead of, say, Fire on the Downline or Two Out Of Seven.

(Two Out Of Seven is the only Edguy song that I've completely deleted from iTunes, so I can't accidentally listen to it).

We'll see what Tobi pulls out come April..

I'm fine with Edguy becoming a melodic rock band. I just wish they weren't becoming a crappy melodic rock band.

I'm fine with Edguy becoming a melodic rock band. I just wish they weren't becoming a crappy melodic rock band.

Thank you.
THIS!

I am already a KISS and Scorps fan.
Don't need a second rate ironic version, esp from a band that could have and should have been the next Helloween. (well, maybe they are to some I suppose)