sonata arctica forum

What a first class title for a book! I wonder if I have a case for claiming royalties.

That excerpt reminds me of a book I heard about called something like 'The Life And Times Of Tristrum Burbank'. The book begins with Tristrum saying that he'd like to tell you about himself and his life, but to best do that, he'd better tell you about his parents....and their up bringing. This necessitates him telling you about his grandparents, and likewise, their parents.
Apprently this regression goes on for some time, and the book finally ends just as Tristrum is born.
Bizarre.

Originally posted by lizard
Jax, how was progpower? synopsis, please!

It was thoroughly awesome, as expected, Liz..you need to go next year!!!

I didn't see all the bands (some on purpose, others not..:lol: ), but I can say that Reading Zero & Zero Hour (both bands I'm friends with) did awesome jobs opening the show each night..Edguy was freaking awesiome, Tobias is one hell of a showman (their set made my weekend, they were THE BAND I wanted to see)..and Angra was damn good even though I prefer Andre to Edu. Hit up the ProgPower Forum here if you want more detailed reviews..I'm no analyst, I just go to have fun. :)

So what is the secret to that incredible taste?

I wanna know what's the secret to those things giving you the sh*ts an hour later? :lol:

Jax<--avoids White Castle..I don't eat stuff that I know will give me intestinal distress soon afterwards :eek:

they don't call them slyders for nothing. be especially aware of the jalapeno ones.

:lol: kudos to people who do that to themselves purposely..

do you have chipotle's out there on the left coast, Jax? gotta be careful of those as well:lol:

That's funny, someone at lunch one day at ProgPower was asking what chipotle was & no one knew.. :lol:

So I'd have to say I don't know if we have em here or not..

ref progpower, I would have gone for Edguy also, and angra.

Oh man Edguy was just awesome, Liz..they played "Avantasia" & I went apesh*t..hehe! What a great set. What a great weekend.

I haven't forgotten about sending you the Supershine songs either, gotta rip those later today & I'll get them on their way to you! :)

Man, seeing Zero Hour must have ruled. I checked them out after FataMorgana told me to. They're really cool.
Voice of Reason is absolutely incredible. I really like their approach to music; not filling it with lots of solo's, but using lots of really complex sections, very well played.
They really stand out in the prog genre.

Indeed, Lee..I've seen them twice now, this past weekend & again at the first ProgPowerUSA in Chicago last year. I'm also lucky enough to live real close to them, so once they start doing shows around here again I can go see them. :)

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
It was thoroughly awesome, as expected, Liz..you need to go next year!!!

How about "Pete, you need to go next year too?" :D

Reading Zero & Zero Hour (both bands I'm friends with) did awesome jobs opening the show each night

I've a zero hour cd...i wasnt too impressed though :(
ill havta give it another listen.
anyway how do you know them that rocks! i wish i was friends with bands...that were all...good...and stuff... :lol:

Just by posting on message boards & meeting them at shows and such..being in the right place at the right time is invaluable.

Originally posted by Dethroned
Tell me you guys how I get more money for getting new CDs? Because there's now 6 albums I wanna buy, but I don't have a single cent. :(

Aaarrgghhh.....
hmmmmmmm, well man....you have 2 lungs, if you want I have some contacts at the black market.............. :Smokedev:
:lol:

I'm pretty well caught up on my intended purchases except for the SA live cd. yesterday I bought Hammerfall's Crimson Thunder and Blind Guardian's Somewhere Far Beyond. I've only listened to them once apiece, obviously H-Fall is the more accessible and immediately likeable, tho dangerously close to Cheese overdose. BG will take another listen, I hear all the elements which are admirable except for obvious hooks, but since I know they are fond of dense productions perhaps it will take a few listens for those to emerge.

Pete: are you still going to the Dio/H-Fall/Kings X show?