sonata arctica forum

Originally posted by lizard
Abandoned, Brainwashed, Exploited are bad things, why is Pleased in the title with them? unless someone gets pleasure out of being mistreated?

I'd bet it has something with relationships, something along the lines of being abadoned by the one you loved, than renewing with that love(Pleased), then you become blind because you are in love way too much(she brain washes you) then once it is done she can control you and make you do things you normally wouldn't ( Exploited).

genius!

anyway, if anyone somehow gets hold of some SA mp3s early, i'd be very happy if they could be sent my way =D. Of course ill probably be importing the cd from Japan on its release anyway, but thats still like 2 or 3 months away

grandbazaar: interesting interpretation.

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Ady's just started a new job and has to wear a suit for work everyday :lol:
yuck:cry: always a shame when a young lion is tamed:)

Val: here's a :hotjump: fer ya

anyone here ever listen to a CD by a band called Silent Force? They were supposedly at Progpower, yes I know, a stupid name for a metal band, DC Cooper is the vocalist (Royal Hunt), Alex Beyrodt is the guitarist. harder power metal than many, the guitar stands out more than the compositions but I've only listened to it once.

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
I don't know ... Sinergy's music
I like Sinergy but I only have one CD(Suicide by my Side). Kimberley is one of the few female metal singers I really like, perhaps because half the time she doesn't sound female:D
She is also one of the few musicians you see who actually actively participates on her band's message board.

Plus Alexi and Roope are very entertaining guitarists.

Originally posted by lizard
She is also one of the few musicians you see who actually actively participates on her band's message board.
once i took a quick look at their forum, and i noticed she writes a lot. but what about quality? :rolleyes:
i read the thread which dealt with the new bassist's departure... lmao, a good practice for the ones who want to point out logical mistakes in others' reasoning!

Kimberley usually answers any and all questions and she is usually brutally honest, although yes, the way new bassist Melanie's departure was handled was a public relations nightmare. she had become within a few months quite well liked, and The Iron Maidens fans were really pissed at what they perceived to be a real disrespect of their friend Melanie.

i don't think that being brutally honest is always a positive thing, expecially when you have hundreds of people who read/listen to what you say.
let alone when you're brutally honest anod nothing more :rolleyes:

(stop it, val, shut up!)

*gets ready to go*

Originally posted by mourningstar
i don't think that being brutally honest is always a positive thing, expecially when you have hundreds of people who read/listen to what you say. let alone when you're brutally honest anod nothing more :rolleyes:

(stop it, val, shut up!)

*gets ready to go*
it's okay, Val, I think they're okay but they aren't my favorite. I like the guitar playing like I said, probably some of Kim's brusqueness is a self defense mechanism, she has to put up with a lot of shit from people who say stupid things like "you're ugly!!" to threads being created with the title "How many Ice Cream bars does it take to feed Shamu ... er I mean Kimberley every day?"
and it's true, since she married Alexi she has gotten rather larger. apparently there is still a double standard between the sexes, James LaBrie can grow plump and there isn't much said.

Maybe you could turn up at Elektra Records, posing as MP, and ask for an advance to finance a new project. You could be rolling in it, man!!
:lol: good plan. I'll drop by and say, "yes, I'm on my way to a drum clinic, can you please cut me a check as an advance on my next royalty payments..." ;) I'll be wowing fans with my witty anecdotes on touring life, signing breasts, nyuk nyuk~!

That Sinergy forum is funny because it seems most of the posts on there are pretty dumb. It's good to read if you want a laugh.
At least hardly any of the posts in this thread and on this forum aren't made in any degree of seriousness.
And the way they handled that Melanie's departure was terrible. That Kimberly was saying one thing about her being a good bassist, and then saying she couldn't play their stuff.
BTW, their stuff isn't particularly difficult, and certainly not very bass-intensive. So, I dread to think of the ramifications of the latter part of Kimberly's statements.

:lol: If I didn't know you better, I'd say you were an evil genius, Lizard......

.......oh wait, you ARE an evil genius!! I uncovered your giant-plan!!
And LaBrie seemed like he'd lost weight when I last saw him. I guess they make him hump all the gear around now. Y'know......being the only Canuck, and all.

That Sinergy forum is funny because it seems most of the posts on there are pretty dumb. It's good to read if you want a laugh.
At least hardly any of the posts in this thread and on this forum aren't made in any degree of seriousness.
And the way they handled that Melanie's departure was terrible. That Kimberly was saying one thing about her being a good bassist, and then saying she couldn't play their stuff.
BTW, their stuff isn't particularly difficult, and certainly not very bass-intensive. So, I dread to think of the ramifications of the latter part of Kimberly's statements.
there is sometimes a real ...how to say it politely... immaturity.

it almost seemed it was more a power struggle within the band, the guys seemed to want their buddy, and Kimberley wanted Mel. so...if my take on it is true, and festering resentments are allowed to burgeon, it may not bode well for the future of the matrimonial state.

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
I'm still working on it.

I won't even try it anymore. :p

Originally posted by Petethedrummer
genius!

anyway, if anyone somehow gets hold of some SA mp3s early, i'd be very happy if they could be sent my way =D. Of course ill probably be importing the cd from Japan on its release anyway, but thats still like 2 or 3 months away

And I'll get really mad if you dare to download the songs before the album is released!:mad: