sonata arctica forum

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
And that's the important part, right? :)
no, not the important part. that's everything.

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
Hey, we want to see some pics from Lee's trip this time..the happy couple and all that! Share the joy, darn it! :)
"lee and my turtle" is the happy (gay) couple you're more likely to see a pic of :p

How on earth do you go about thinking it's power metal? But you're right in saying that it's tightly played, and wonderful. Their best album yet, I think.

@Val: To begin a case that will make legal history. We're talking defamation of character, implicating shelled animals in conspiracies......."and being very un-dude".

@lee: for sure your lawyers will tell you to go fishing, since "lee and my turtle" isn't a great line to accuse me of _anything_, really.

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
How on earth do you go about thinking it's power metal? But you're right in saying that it's tightly played, and wonderful. Their best album yet, I think.

@Val: To begin a case that will make legal history. We're talking defamation of character, implicating shelled animals in conspiracies......."and being very un-dude".

I'm not saying it's power, but a mixture of both styles, like 80% prog and 20% power, well thats what I think.

Tracks to pay particular attention to are Wicked (a 'wicked' groove), The Turning (unrelenting and heavy) and the title track The Odyssey (this covers everything that 'the X' do). I think it's amazing all the way through, but those three are very strong songs. I defy you not to sing along with the final suite of The Odyssey's chorus; "Triumphant, champion of Ithaca".

Sterling stuff!

i listened only to a couple of songs form that album, but my statement of the day (with all the bad consequences i can get reasoning by induction) is:
"there will never be anything like of sins and shadows" *headbangs hysterically*

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
I defy you not to sing along with the final suite of The Odyssey's chorus; "Triumphant, champion of Ithaca".

Oh yay! I'm not the only one who does this! hehe..isn't that just a kickass song? :)

Man I love this cd..can't wait to see them this weekend YAYAY!

@Val: I know what you mean, there's something magical (not in a power metal way) about Sins...
It's air instrument fodder, huh? *starts to rock out at the mention of that song*

@Jax: singing that chorus is a religious experience. What about the pre-chorus in The Turning? "side by side with myself agaaaaaaaain........as midnight's curse descends 'pon trembling haaaaaaands".
Hope you enjoy the show, I'm sure you will.

Originally posted by Petethedrummer
this is off topic...
nothing is off topic...this is the SA Board condensed onto a single thread!

I have had Avantasia II for a couple of weeks, but have only listened to bits and pieces of it. I've been concentrating on Metalium and Blind Guardian...

if I buy more than about one cd every two weeks I begin to be backed up (please no bathroom humor!) and since I know exactly what I'll be getting with Avantasia, I've put it on the back burner.