sonata arctica forum

you've got to be careful with some of those because many are collections (Stars Die, for instance), or reissues of early material which was initially done in very limited numbers.

because the music has changed through the years, from trancy stuff to the more current sound, that's why I advise if you like In absentia, move backwards from there, because it is quite possible not everyone will like all phases of their career.

ok, i was wondering why they had so many out in a year :lol:
I heard Stupid Dream was also good. Is Metananoia a recent one? it says it's been out in 2002 ...

Did you know wilson started Porcupine Tree as a joke between him and a friend about a legendary lost 70`s group. He then created elaborate material a la "spinal tap" which ment to be the bands lost recordings. Then it ended up somehow in someone's hands who was interested in hearing more.

it's a funny story, isn't it. their booklet in the Stars Die compilation (about 40 pages worth) is a complete history of the band during their years with Delerium Records.

I personally like almost all their stuff, but admittedly some of it is music for certain occasions. Voyage 34, for instance, is simply trippy music with a loose "storyline" about a guy who took LSD many times with no side affects, but on trip 34, he n e v e r c a m e b a c k k k k .....complete with dialogue from one of those hysterical 60s anti drug movies.

:lol: if he didn't feel anything from lsd why did he take it :lol:
pretty funny story! Porcupine tree's history is actually a funny one especially the bit of their story i wrote above. His intended joke turned into success how funny can that be! :lol:

Originally posted by lizard
I guess instead of "side affects" I should have said "bad side affects."
when a joke turns into success, how cool is that?

haha, the guy's never had bad side effects and the only time he does it's death! oh sweet ironie :D

Hey many Kamelot - Epica reviews are coming out on the web,
I read the one on metalreviews.com they giv it a 96%, man now i'm even more eager to get it to see by myself what a master piece it is, I was sure all along it would be a good CD but couldn't picture them making one better than karma... i guess they are on a roll, and the lucky ones are us! :D

I saw Porcupine Tree play live when they supported Dream Theater. I read a little about the band before going to the show, and it sounded slightly interesting, if a little self-indulgent.
Their music bored me, though, especially their lack-lustre performance to a half empty concert hall.
I guess DT hired them so that they would look even better in comparison :tickled:

Cool pictures, Jax! Romeo smiling. During a sound check, too!
So he DOES have teeth!

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Cool pictures, Jax! Romeo smiling. During a sound check, too!
So he DOES have teeth!

Thanks Lee! I was cracking him up during soundcheck..he was tired & had just woken up not long before then so I was trying to liven him up.. :lol:

i got....

EDGUY - Vain Glory Opera
FINNTROLL - Midnattens Widunder
ENSIFERUM - S/T
ANGRA - Fireworks
SYMPHONY X-Live On The Edge Of Forever
NORTHER - Dreams Of Endless War
VANDEN PLAS - Colour Temple
SPECIAL EDITION DOUBLE CD
DREAMEVIL - Dragonslayer
SHAMAN - The Ritual
SUIDAKRA-Emprise to Avalon
DREAMTALE - Beyond Reality
CHILDREN OF BODOM - Tokyo Warhearts
DIONYSUS - Sign Of Truth
and they threw in some free angra limited edition cd with 5 songs on it that isnt all that good