sonata arctica forum

Originally posted by Lady of the Oracle
Lee..wait til you see them do that song..you'll be sporting wood for days!

:lol: I just hope I don't bump into anyone at the show, then.

@GrandBazaar: Did you get those reviews from Amazon or something? I wouldn't trust that at all.
When V came out, it seemed that nearly all Symphony X fans agreed it was their best effort so far. It's got a "wholeness" about it that wasn't present on any of the other albums.
Not that the other albums are bad (I think all apart from the first are fantastic), but there's just a real solid idea running all the way through that V (although I do feel it gets a little weaker towards the end, but this is only because most of the album is so amazing, no one cold maintain such a level of brilliance over 12 or so songs).
Plus, if what you like about Sym X is their ability to create very orchestral moments and great segues, V is definitely the album for you.

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
Val, Ade actually mistakenly pronounces it "vee", despite my having pointed out that in almost every song the band refer to the number 5. Some people...:rolleyes:
some people? who, the band? :D

Hmm, I listen to a lot of jazz fusion from people like Gambale, Garsed, Howe, Corea, Di Meola, etc.
But two of my favourite non-metal bands are Toto and Genesis, who I'm going to listen to right now :)

@Jax: nah, I'll be sitting on her shoulders, getting photo's of the band :D
Seeing SX will be amazing. Although I don't think I'll be interested in watching Straovarious. I might leave once 'the X' have played.

some punk,
the smashing pumpkins,
sisters of mercy,
michael jackson (old stuff)

edit: i'd better add the words "jazz" and "fusion" too, to elevate my taste.

val (jazz fusion)

Originally posted by Ultima Ibanez Overlord
@Jax: nah, I'll be sitting on her shoulders, getting photo's of the band :D

:lol:

Seeing SX will be amazing. Although I don't think I'll be interested in watching Straovarious. I might leave once 'the X' have played.

There've been people doing that at every venue on this tour, though I must say that it seems most have stayed for at least part of BG's set. Personally, I've been to 3 of their shows so far (two last weekend & one at ProgPower) & haven't seen them play a note yet.. :lol:

tomorrow i'll have this exam; i must admit it's pretty interesting (crisis management, economical/financial communication, public affairs, and such), but it's a great pain in the arse!!
tomorrow morning i'll look like the pic in rick's signature, no doubt. let alone next week when i'll know the results :cry:
[/complaining]

thank you, this won't make me pass the exam, but it's nice to read it :)

i probably got "this far" (not yet in the uk, though) by jumping on a belt conveyer.