sonata arctica forum

hello, all!!!:cool:
I probably would have noticed this on saturday but we were working mega overtime switching our network over to DHCP and I am sooooo burnt out!
thx to jax and pete for messaging me, otherwise I might still be wandering in a void of darkness:D

I finally got my Avantasia II this weekend but haven't listened yet as static and dynamic IP addressing are flooding my head with overload, damn I need some John Cage silence right now:lol: I read about that case a while back...

Hey there, Lizard. Good to see your writings again.

Did you manage to check out any of Jax's radio broadcasts on Ytseradio.com?
She played the entire Rooms Of Anguish album. Man, if that isn't a disc to get excited about, I don't know what is.

I haven't heard any of the Avantasia stuff, but I doubt any of it will be my proverbial cup of tea.
Although I hear it's a big deal for all power metal fans the world over.
Singing dwarves......you've got to wonder if it's a work of music or an extremely perverse thing, the likes of which only the Germans are capable of producing.

hi liz, glad to see your son's sweet face here!
me, inqui or lee would have messaged you these days...

rule number 1: nothing is off topic here! yippeeeeeeee

generally singing elves and dwarves capering through the forest aren't my tea either, therefore pointing out the dichotomy that is me; I disliked the concept of Rhapsody instantly because it ALL revolves around that to the exclusion of everything else. But I accepted the Avantasia project because 1) I heard the songs without paying attention to the storyline, and 2) I am an Edguy and therefore Tobias fan. I have heard Rhapsody and it just doesn't do anything for me, but I won't bash them hard because they've found a meal ticket and are going to flog it until death, a gimmick that's good for them.

and so. no I did not hear Jax's show, unfortunately. I will try and pry a few shekels out of my cobweb laden wallet, though, for Rooms of Anguish;)

yeah, liz, save the trumpet for when i'll move to brits-land ;)

i guess i'll mail moony to tell him we're here.

*happy*

Ack! when theres only 1 thread it fills up fast! :D

anyway, i definitely recommend Avantasia, i dont listen to the storyline on either, but their great i definitely recommend them. I actually only heard 3 songs of part 2, but they are amazing.

Also, im kinda into symphony x. I'm seeing them and blind guardian november 21st in Jersey.

Nice to see everyone coming back

Cool Liz, just curious..I'm flying out for the Cleveland/Chicago BG/SymX shows & thought I'd see if you were going to the Cleveland one. Asking if you like SymX seemed the first step, since if you hated them, odds are you wouldn't bother to go to the show.. :lol:

Ady's busy living up in "the North" (I pity him........those accents).
He's busy writing material for a solo project (which, I believe, is over halfway done).
I saw him this weekend. He seems well and is coping with the shit weather and impending father-hood.
I'll tell him to check this 'board out when I next speak to him.

I wish I could see Symphony X play live. They were going to play here last year, supporting Savatage (not a band I particularly like), but the show was cancelled 'cause of security concerns in the wake of the September the 11th tragedy.
I'm hoping I'll get a chance to see them soon, though.

<sigh>Lucky Pete and Jax</sigh>